One Thing I Notice After Removing Cortana

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by ChaserLee, Aug 5, 2016.

1. ChaserLee

ChaserLee MDL Senior Member

Oct 7, 2014
    If you do find out what the cause was, would you let me know? My issue still comes and goes, without rhyme or reason....

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. skamath

skamath MDL Junior Member

May 11, 2016
    I need to pack her too on one machine with 32 bit home edition. Are there any set backs if you pack her away? can she be reinstalled? I don't have much use for her till the hey Cortana starts working.
    P.S Would you be able to link the method?Cheers
    I did it as per the guide and restarted the machine the Cortana icon in taskbar was replaced with the search glass but there is no difference between using the search glass or going through the start menu >Cortana.No need to install classic shell. Both use the same so what is the difference? I must say the shutdown seems faster but the boot is the same with lags. This is on the RS build.

3. ChaserLee

ChaserLee MDL Senior Member

Oct 7, 2014
    You can go to the WinAero website, and you'll find the method right on the home page. Easy, Peezy.

I cannot answer this question. I have always used Classic Shell from the day Windows 10 was release last year, and I don't go into the native start menu much, and when I do, it's never to do a search. If I ever need to search for anything on my system, I use a program called Everything.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...