OneDrive/Outlook PST File sync issues

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Super Spartan, May 4, 2017.

1. Super Spartan

Super Spartan MDL Expert

May 30, 2014
    So I have my documents folder in my OneDrive that's constantly being synced, the problem is, since the Outlook PST file is in that documents folder and is being synced, sometimes when I try to open Outlook, it gives me an error that the PST file is in use.

I tried to exclude that file from being synced in OneDrive but it gave me a warning if I stop syncing it, the file will be deleted on my local PC so I canceled that and reenabled syncing for that Outlook folder in the documents

so how to get around this? I want my PST file to be synced/backed up but I'm getting tired of this error not being able to launch Outlook sometimes.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Super Spartan

Super Spartan MDL Expert

May 30, 2014
    anyone?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
  4. Super Spartan

Super Spartan MDL Expert

May 30, 2014
  5. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    My one drive only syncs when there are changes so one in the 2 weeks when I upload stuff to my onedrive. In your case it will start to sync as you open outlook I guess. Personaly I use imap so I don't have that problem.