OneNote Files

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by ramg1967, Sep 20, 2018.

1. ramg1967

ramg1967 MDL Member

Sep 13, 2012
    Hello All,

I would like to know, if it is possible to open all onenote files using a batch or powershell script. Let me explain what, I want to achieve.

OneNote is Microsoft product within Office family. Users use all the time to take notes and save it. All the OneNote files are saved under user profile within Documents folder. OneNote create a sub folder called OneNote Notebooks and all onenote files are stored here.

I would normally open onenote program first and then go to the folder and open each onenote individually. I have seen users with 100's of onenote files. It would take a lot of time to open each one at a time. That is where, I would like to use a batch or powershell file to open all the files at once.

I would appreciate, if anybody can help me here. By the way, I am not a programmer. I have been searching google for solution - unable to find one that can help me.

Thanks for reading the post.

RL

2. maelcum

maelcum MDL Novice

Mar 19, 2011
    I probably did not understand your problem correctly, but if it is a simple as starting OneNote with the appropriate file(s), then...
    If the files are all in (ex) "%UserProfile%\OneNote Notebooks\" then just do:
    start "%UserProfile%\OneNote Notebooks\"*

You can copy/type the command on the command line and see if it works. Putting it in a notepad and saving it as "blah.cmd" would make it a script. If you want to call a single command a script, that is... :p

Once you opened them all in OneNote, ON will remember them. So no need for the "script", really.
    Instead of using a command, just open the Windows Explorer, navigate to where your files are, mark them all (Ctrl-A) and open them all (Enter). Done. After that, ON will remember them, as already said.