OOBE Menu Bug

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by SightUp, Aug 5, 2015.

1. SightUp

SightUp MDL Senior Member

Aug 17, 2010
  2. ReXX

ReXX MDL Novice

Oct 22, 2009
    It's a bug in the installation process I guess.
    But it does not impact anything in Windows itself, so no reason to reinstall Windows to fix it.

3. SightUp

Aug 17, 2010
    Well, this is clearly a bug that isn't normal. I get other errors too like menu links in various menus in Windows 10 that just don't open.

4. odiebugs1

odiebugs1 MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2015
    #5 odiebugs1, Aug 5, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2015

Have done about 30 win 10 installs all the way back to first insider pre, never had this happen, there's no important data to see, can't you tape looking at the monitor instead of the 45deg, oh wait you don't want your reflection shown. LOL

Have you wiped your HDD and not used format, or secure erased your SSD ?

Was this a MBR or UEFI install ?.

Have you tried only two settings and waited to see if it would reboot, and because of last setting ?.

Have you tried a different win 10 download and different burn method and different flash or DVD ?.

5. SightUp

Aug 17, 2010
    Reflection doesn't have anything to do with it. You can easily find pictures of me if you Google me. I just have a QcK+ and the stand I was using would have left imprints on it if I left it there for that long.

During Windows 10 install, I have just wiped it. I never did a secure erase.

I am doing the non-UEFI, the one that doesn't create 3-4 extra partitions, during my Windows 10 install.

Two settings? Not sure what you mean exactly.

Before the CreationTool released by Microsoft was released, I did try the one that Daz gave me. Then just last night, I did try using the CreationTool both on a 32 and 64-bit arch. I do not have a DVD drive installed on this setup. I would prefer not having to install one.