[Opinion] KMPlayer - the best media player!!!

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by Matrix Leader, Oct 16, 2010.

1. Matrix Leader

Matrix Leader MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2009
    Also, don't forget that VLC Media Player can increase the volume by 200% rather than 100% so that plays a big role especially on a notebook where the speakers are usually of sub standard quality.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    If u r talking abt iso images of audio/video cd/dvd, then they should be mounted first.....

3. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    No they don't you just load them into VLC and they play. No need to mount first :)

4. Kheops

Kheops MDL Novice

Aug 23, 2009
    quite disappointed by kmplayer which is mismanaging subtitles... I continued with vlc

5. Polymath

Polymath MDL Novice

Dec 11, 2009
    I've never had an issue with KMPlayer and subtitles, it supports all types and allows loading of most any sub format you want, also has the ability to change their sync if needed. Also as far as the ask toolbar that seemed to be a deal breaker for some as it would be for myself as well if required, that is an opt in/out option it is not mandatory.

6. Lich King

Lich King MDL Addicted

Sep 24, 2009
    here is the shortcut for subtitle management..

ctrl + ] or ctrl + [
    alt + ] or alt + [

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Anakunda

Anakunda MDL Senior Member

Feb 6, 2010
    yea using KMP for a while too. Compared to others it has significantly more features.

-
    Sometimes freezes when fast forwarding thru h264 movie
    Sometimes setting screw up so that full reset is required for continued uasge

+
    plays almost everything
    very rich customization
    uses own codecs, gives better picture for me than other players with ffdshow
    supports linked multi-part matroska files
    using HID on my cell phone for remote

8. Julius

Julius MDL Junior Member

Aug 2, 2009
    I haven't tried KM player on my home workstation that doubles as my HTPC.
    I have been getting by with MPC-HC "svn builds" as it plays all my avi files, dvd and bluray iso's, bd and dvd folders, mkvs and so on. It takes just a "little" work to get it to render everything including DTS passthru to my AVR. I have an HD 5850 with HDMI, and so far it works for me. Glad to hear there may be another option out there for free!:D

9. Rickkins

Rickkins MDL Senior Member

Jul 29, 2009
    For those who don't know, "Potplayer" is kmplayer.

It's like this...the guy who made kmplayer sold it, years ago, to some outfit who basically stopped updating it.
    So the guy that sold it, simply revived it, under it's new name. It is now updated on a regular basis, and life is good.

10. SupremeSabre

SupremeSabre MDL Junior Member

Oct 22, 2010
    actually all those features mentioned can be done in KMPlayer too. Just press F2 and fiddle with everything there. volumes can be increased, decoder and splitter and renderer can be customized easily. In fact i found KMPlayer because of it's subtitle feature that;s easy to use... what subtitle problem are u having Kheops?

11. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    Subtitles are no problem with vlc too. KMPlayer may be good but I have been using vlc for 1-2 years now and am comfortable with it. Never a problem.

12. rasfar_rf5

rasfar_rf5 MDL Novice

Feb 11, 2010
    Can any one tell me.. How to play 5.1 mp3s in KMPlayer

I'm having 5.1 surround sound. I can play it only in VLC player. Is there any option for playing with the same effect in KMPlayer?? Pls tell me

13. bla

bla MDL Member

Mar 10, 2008
    #33 bla, Nov 25, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2010
    bye bye vlc welcome mpc-hc

I was using VLC until i got a new laptop with BD rom which i used to play BD movies , VLC refused to play it. Googled for a free BD media player and found MPC-HC (media player classic -home cinema) which play anything including Blue Ray movies so now it is my default player .