1. CHRISTHEAD

CHRISTHEAD MDL Novice

Aug 6, 2010
    #61 CHRISTHEAD, Sep 12, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
    Thank you for the reply.
    Quick question: after running the script (and specifying no File and Printer sharing), my user folder and all subfolders now have "state:shared" in their lower bar. Is this expected behaviour?

(clean install of Windows 10 LTSC).

EDIT: Please ignore! I'm assuming that the above issue is caused by dual booting two versions of Windows, and granting each access to the other install's User folder.

Thanks again for the excellent script.

2. Thomas Dubreuil

Thomas Dubreuil MDL Senior Member

Aug 29, 2017
    I reworked Services optimizations it wasn't working 100% correctly, maybe that's the cause.
    it's a bit slower but now ENABLING file and printer sharing will also restore required firewall rules, while DISABLING will disable those rules.

I will update/upload it soon, adding now firewall backup/optimize/restore tasks on top of the rest

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    @ Thomas
    hi Thomas
    thank you very much for your contribution here at MDL, today I must make my modifications in a new O.S aiming to increase my experience in Windows Server and then I should use your tool when everything is set up and working correctly I will give my conclusions ok

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. zylor

zylor MDL Junior Member

Feb 25, 2012
    #64 zylor, Sep 27, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2019
    Tried to run this on Windows 10 Pro 18362.10019 and i get this error:

Optimize NextGen can only run on 64 bit OS.

My Windows is 64 Bits lmao

Edit:

Easy fix for this is:

C:\Windows\system32>wmic os get OSArchitecture
    OSArchitecture
    64 bits

the architecture is detected as 64 bits and not "64-bits"

Easily fixable :)

5. zbigniew59

zbigniew59 MDL Senior Member

May 14, 2016
    zylor - I have the same - write exactly what to do with this patch?

6. zylor

zylor MDL Junior Member

Feb 25, 2012
    Need to wait for a fix

7. Thomas Dubreuil

Aug 29, 2017
    #67 Thomas Dubreuil, Oct 3, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
    (OP)
  8. gemizavo

gemizavo MDL Novice

Nov 2, 2018
    Been using the script for a while now, thank you for the work you put into it.

I've encountered a small "annoyance" which i tried to fix even in a clean system applied only the full optimization option. When I download a file with Edge its showing in the desktop, but if I try with any Chromium based browser its not updating. I have to refresh the desktop every time for the new files. Maybe it's just something obvious I'm missing here.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

9. Thomas Dubreuil

Aug 29, 2017
  10. gemizavo

gemizavo MDL Novice

Nov 2, 2018
    I did exactly as you advised, great wild guess that was the problem. I've been searching for the proper solution with Chromium browsers, but nothing so far. Thank you for the fast help!

11. Joseph Fletcher

Joseph Fletcher MDL Novice

Feb 25, 2019
    Hey I tried running the script and get this:

ERROR:
    Description = The specified service does not exist as an installed service.
    ERROR:
    Description = The specified service does not exist as an installed service.
    Optimize NextGen can only run on 64 bit OS.
    Press any key to exit...

I am on LTSC 1809 64 bit

12. Thomas Dubreuil

Aug 29, 2017
    Hi, you get this at start of script before menu?
    Latest version ? (with the 64bit os fix)

Also can you type this in cmd prompt and report result here please:
    wmic os get OSArchitecture,Caption,BuildNumber /value

13. Warrez

Warrez MDL Novice

Feb 27, 2011
    #73 Warrez, Jan 30, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2020
    Hey, thanks for the great scripts. This pretty much does everything I do on the clean setup and more.

I also accidentally applied Microsoft store and store apps tweak to one of my system and been wanting to reset/restore only that particular tweak(s) but couldn't find any option in the restore menu to restore/reset only microsoft store and store apps tweaks. Am I blind/missing something or there is no automatic way to restore those tweaks yet? If there are no automatic way to do that yet, is there a place where I can look what exactly has been changed in the system to restore those tweaks manually?

EDIT: I missed the source codes on the front page... To restore Microsoft Store and apps full functionality you need to change 2 group policy back to default "Not configured"

In Group Policy "Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Store" restore all options

But if you're like me who just doesn't use store but still enjoys simple built-in apps like Photos or Calculator then you only need to restore "Disable all apps from Microsoft Store".

14. Thomas Dubreuil

Aug 29, 2017
  15. nathan_ctemplar

nathan_ctemplar MDL Novice

Dec 6, 2019
    Fired up one of my VMs for fun, tried o W101909JAN_Business , ends with rundll32.exe crash/weird behaviour. Nvidia drivers wouldn't install but any other program worked. I'm a work right now but will check your chart later tonight.

Went full cowboy and tried with Enterprise, will give Pro a go later this evening. Thank you for your service, mankind. Be bless.

16. AzimsTech

AzimsTech MDL Novice

Mar 17, 2017
    @Thomas Dubreuil Please give the option to exclude WinHttpAutoProxySvc from Services Optimization. Some people still want to use proxies.

17. Stevecaboose

Stevecaboose MDL Novice

Apr 7, 2015
    Is there something in one of the scripts that disabled RDC? After running all of the optimization scripts, my RDC no longer connects. I ran a restore but no difference.

18. Worlock

Worlock MDL Novice

Jan 19, 2019
    I cannot map network drives after I run the optimization. I made sure to enable file/printer sharing when prompted. Any ideas how to fix this?

19. eVYGI7

eVYGI7 MDL Novice

Mar 20, 2019
    Thank you very much for the excellent script.

I got 2 small issues like above.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

20. Thomas Dubreuil

Aug 29, 2017
    Hello, have no clue yet, might be that services restore does not work as intended...I will look into it very soon (sorry not much time for scripting lately)