Os sku

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by jtphl, May 23, 2011.

1. jtphl

jtphl MDL Novice

Jun 18, 2008
    I have a question, I know hP DMIFIT utility can alter OS SKU, my question is: If I set the OS SKU for example to Windows 7 ulitimate then run the recovery disk , will I get an activated Windows 7 Ultimate??

I notice that the HP recovery disk bases its win7 variant to install on the BIOS, if its set on Ultimate it installs Ultimate.. same goes for the other variants.

2. rushy

rushy MDL Novice

Apr 26, 2012
    HI, can you share the utility for me? I am looking for a utility for modify the OS SKU on HP Desktop. thanks.

3. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  4. rushy

rushy MDL Novice

Apr 26, 2012
    yeah, i saw those tools, but i want change SLP on my HP 8100 and 8200 Desktop. please advise

5. SOCRATE_MMXII

SOCRATE_MMXII MDL Expert

Jan 25, 2012
    Boot with Windows 7 DVD and on installation delete all hidden partitions such as HP_TOOLS and you can install the version of Windows of your choice.
    I have HP Pavilion dm4 which came with Win7 Home Premium pre-installed. I just deleted all partitions on Win7 Ultimate installation and re-created them as I liked. The only "downside" was that I had to install a firewall after installation and update drivers in device manager through internet. ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...