[OUTDATED / UNSUPPORTED] RemoveWAT

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Hazar, Oct 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    that is probably because the Bihourly shutdowns are for the RC and Beta versions. Odds are you have the RTM which does not have the TimeBomb in it dude. Anyone who is still using the Beta or the RC should update to the Retail version(RTM) then install this and you should not have the auto-shutdowns every 2 hours. I know this because I read about the Bi-Hourly shutdowns in the RC because I was an official beta tester for this but was removed from the RTM because it was a limitation the Beta versions had because MS does not want testers to use the Beta version for ever and they wanted the testers to buy the final version when it comes out.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. PAYMYRENT

PAYMYRENT MDL Developer

Jul 28, 2009
    #142 PAYMYRENT, Oct 19, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2009
    i knew that lil part of it but i didnt know if he was talking about his program causing it or not... i rewrote this program to the way i thought it should be and i dont have that problem

3. tengty

tengty MDL Novice

Aug 23, 2009
    what about windows server 2008 r2

can this tool RemoveWAT able to disable activation for windows 2008 server r2?:confused:

4. PAYMYRENT

PAYMYRENT MDL Developer

Jul 28, 2009
    yes it can and it says it on the first page

5. Styrre

Styrre MDL Novice

Oct 18, 2009
    Works great on Windows 7 Starter (eng)!

6. Hazar

Hazar MDL Guru

Jul 29, 2009
    Good :)

Lets see what happens on 22nd :)

7. BulldogPO

BulldogPO MDL Junior Member

Apr 29, 2007
    Works fine.

8. gentoo

gentoo MDL Senior Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Will be interesting to see if this still works after they release SP1.

9. Michel

Michel MDL Expert

Jul 29, 2009
    I don't get that either

10. darkon11

darkon11 MDL Novice

Apr 10, 2009
    Probably, but then we'll have something new.
    BTW this is the BEST act*vation system I've tried.
    It's clean because it's just won't allow access to a couple of DLLs stopping timer.
    And it's bulletproof : I'm used to work on heavy modded OS (vLite, few services etc.) and it's still functioning great allowing updates, changing date and all.
    Thanks Hazar.

11. hydr

hydr MDL Novice

Jul 15, 2009
    Thumb up for young master Hazar. works fantastic on windows 7 x32 dont hv any problem with windows updates. Thanks a lots

12. modine

modine MDL Novice

Oct 20, 2009
    I upgraded from Vista x64 Ultimate using the upgrade option of the Windows 7 x64 RTM Ultimate dvd. Upon entering windows 7 for the first time, I immediately applied the RemoveWAT executable. Everything worked perfectly, and I was ecstatic. Being quite infested with OCD, I reinstalled Windows 7 (upgrading over the existing installation) so I could satisfy a simple obsession I was encountering with an issue related to my SATA controller. Now RemoveWAT.exe shows that WAT is already removed (I was expecting to have to re-apply the executable after the reinstallation). Reinstallation must have undone some of what RemoveWAT does, but RemoveWAT's check to see if it is already applied is returning true. I set the date a few months ahead, and I cannot get updates, and the nags pop up. RemoveWAT must not be checking all of what it originally does to see if it is totally applied. I intend to manually apply what removewat does, and then I will know what was causing removewat to think it is already applied. I guess I am the only person that has obsessivaly reinstalled over a 10-min old patched install? Also, the restore option did not work in the removewat tool.

13. Hazar

Hazar MDL Guru

Jul 29, 2009
    You need to rename slmgr.vbs.disabled to slmgr.vbs to allow it to be installed again, it may have left behind some bak files aswell which will get screwed up if its installed over without it cleaning up. I would have thought uninstalling it and installing again would be fine.

14. modine

modine MDL Novice

Oct 20, 2009
    #154 modine, Oct 20, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2009
    Thanks for the quick reply Hazar. Actually the restore feature in your tool would not work for me after i reinstalled windows 7 over itself (it worked before my reinstall). I now click restore WAT, windows would restart, but when I opened up removewat.exe again, the restore button would be there again.

15. tripranav

tripranav MDL Novice

Oct 20, 2009
    #155 tripranav, Oct 20, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2009
    @ Hazar

I just installed windows 7 ultimate (32 bit) signature edition which was uploaded my UBOMB.

So after installing I ran the remove wat exe file, then I clicked "removewat.exe"
    after that it said the system will restart and then after my system restarted when I checked my system`s properties its still showing me 30 days remaining and activate windows now.

But when I click on that nothing happens. And also if I again click on "removewat.exe" the window has two buttons the upper one is saying remove wat and below it its saying wat not removed.

Did I do something wrong or my windows is still in trial period?

P.S By the way thanks a lot for this file.

16. Hazar

Hazar MDL Guru

Jul 29, 2009
    The only difference between signed and normal RTM is the case. The build number is the same. I think the copy of win7 you have is modded and hacked to bits, make sure you download a proper RTM and refer to the official windows repository by Opa to do so :)

17. PAYMYRENT

PAYMYRENT MDL Developer

Jul 28, 2009
    i dont know if you know this or not but i found this lil bug when i rewrote this program explorer sometimes locks the "systemcpl.dll" and it stops it from being restored... ;)

18. tripranav

tripranav MDL Novice

Oct 20, 2009
    the iso I have is also 2.33 gb and I also checked the HASH of the iso image from which I installed win 7,

MD5: 80ba2180008221a5e08f0c45b6d56efc
    SHA-1: 423a9f26ae8e05d15139eb5d7aadc73e35b15791

this is different from the one which is showed in the "The Official Windows 7 Repository" thread.
    So now I`ll have to download other iso of win 7 in order to use that removewat.exe?

19. X64_Bit

X64_Bit MDL Junior Member

Aug 2, 2009
    I did these tests (in VMware) with a Windows 7 Pro x64

Look at my two .Png files "before" and "after". After it is impossible to install "Microsoft Security Essentials" because not "genuine validation" :mad:

Attached Files:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  20. xcom

xcom MDL Junior Member

Aug 6, 2009
    Sorry for the stupid question, does this have to be installed with a loader? or is this "removeWAT" capable of activation by itself?