Outlook 2003 junk email filtering

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by BeavRocks, Jul 21, 2009.

1. BeavRocks

BeavRocks MDL Novice

Jul 20, 2009
    Hi,

My Microsoft Outlook 2003 does not filter my spam correctly. I did a new installation on a new computer about 4 months ago and have still not gotten my Outlook 2003 to filter my spam. I have been using Outlook 2003 since it was released on multiple computers and this has cropped up before. I currently have it installed on 4 other computers which it works perfectly on.

I will give you some background to assist in diagnosis of where I am at:
    - Under Actions --> Junk Email Actions, I have my protection level set at high. I have tried both checking and unchecking the "Permanently deleted suspected email instead of moving it to junk" box. Same results on both settings (no junk email filtering). I have also switched from high to low to medium to high with no success.
    - Under the blocked senders tab, my blocked email list displays several hundred names) This list I added using Import from File and it is good. I can add, edit and remove correctly. All of the other tabs are set correctly (safe senders, Safe recipients, etc).

I have done this installation about a dozen times using IE6, IE7 and IE8. The results are the same each way under each setup.

Norton Internet Security is installed on all 5 of my boxes BUT, on the problem machine, the spam email will stay in my inbox and display [Norton AntiSpam] in the first part of the Subject field.

Any ideas on how I can get the junk correctly dumping junk into the junk email folder?

Thx,
    Beav

2. BeavRocks

BeavRocks MDL Novice

Jul 20, 2009
    Outlook similar issue

Hi,

When I create a new rule and tell it to move the selected items to either junk or to deleted items folder, then run the rule, no action is taken. Outlook 2003 just ignores all of the rules and all of the filtering.

Thx,
    Jim