Outlook Mail on Windows 8

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by scottish_amber, Apr 7, 2013.

1. scottish_amber

scottish_amber MDL Novice

Apr 7, 2013
    Hi there, First off please excuse the fact that I am very much a newbie when it comes to my Laptop. My laptop has windows 8 (pre-installed) and IE 10. I never had any problems with emails when I was using Hotmail, but recently it was changed to outlook (against my will) and now all I can do is open and reply to emails. I can't change font, add attachments, use emoticons, or anything else. I went onto the outlook forums and tried everything they suggested to other people. Like install Silverlight...................... uninstall Silverlight................ install this......... uninstall that. Nothing has helped, I can't even post in their forum as it says function unavailable. I was told to uninstall windows live and windows mail, I tried this and even though it doesn't show in my programmes they are still there as I can open my email account. I've seen people taking about deleting files and reinstating others but I have no idea how to do any of this and also wondered if it would work on a laptop which has never run any other system other than windows 8 it came with? I'm sorry if this is all sort of garbled but to be honest I'm wondering if I will be able to fix this myself or would I be better paying someone to sort it out for me? Thanks for listening :)

2. ODY123

ODY123 MDL Expert

Apr 20, 2011
    Install MS Outlook and it may solve your problem.