Overclock Wyse client?

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by imradlol, Jul 25, 2017.

1. imradlol

imradlol MDL Novice

Jun 29, 2017
    We've got stack of these wyse z90d7 thin client at work, and i took one home to mess around with it. I upgraded the ram, put a 500gb hard drive, and put windows 7 pro on it.

Now i want to try overclocking this little guy. the cpu is an amd g-T56N dual core running at 1.66ghz and the graphics card is and ati radeon hd 6320. I used MSI afterburner to overclock the gpu to 860mhz, but i'm at an impass with overclocking the cpu. There are no options to do so in the BIOS, and setfsb gives me a chipset error(i remember reading somewhere the clock generator is locked on these wyses).

How can i get the cpu overclocked? will i need to modify the BIOS to enable these options, or is there another way to increase the voltage? I dumped the bios, and it says its a phoenix 2.0c.

And also, yes i understand that overclocking the cpu and gpu reduces the life. We have stacks of these things, and i also put two 12v fans in it.

2. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...