Overclocking Ati mobility radeon 5470 1gb

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by kaos420, Jun 19, 2010.

1. shermanshaggy

shermanshaggy MDL Novice

Jul 20, 2010
    hi kaos ur patch file watever works great thanks alot by the way still i dont understand can u tell me wats the max speed i can do ? for ram and core :worthy::biggrin:

2. Rockinoutt93

Rockinoutt93 MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2010
    kaos your awesome bro, my card i guess came factory underclocked or something because my windows experience was at like 3.2 with this card and something was up, so i have it slightly overclocked now, thanks to your cfg file, do you have an idea of what a safe temperature for this card would be?

3. powel3

powel3 MDL Novice

Jul 31, 2010
    hi kaos i have an msi cx420 laptop that has ati mobility 5470 i downloaded rivatuner and your .cfg file but how can i use your configuration. thank you and please be patient with me since i'm new with the overclocking business. thank you again

4. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
    If you are new to overclocking the dont be willing tio just try a .cfg file. Best bet is to use a tool such as Rivatuner and try small increases in settings. Start with your core clock, try increasing by 5-10 mhz at a time untill you find a setting that is unstable then drop back by 10 mhz. Then mov on to shader clock etc. All cards will vary in performance, evem those of the same type. The thing with overclocking is that there is no quick fix. Do your research....... or fry your components. :D:D

Old proverb........."Patience is a virtue". ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. thescout

thescout MDL Novice

Jul 31, 2010
    I also have an MSI CX420 and oc'ed my HD5470 to 750/650mhz. I slightly adjusted the fan too to 40% and the max temperature I get is about 83 C when playing Bad Company 2 and about 63C when idle. Is 80+ Celsius still safe for GPU's?

6. SillyVanity

SillyVanity MDL Novice

Aug 2, 2010

It sounds like your OEM severely crippled your card because it is 750/800 stock. But even then (at stock speeds) when I am playing WoW its 64C and in the 50s when watching HD youtube videos.

7. thescout

thescout MDL Novice

Jul 31, 2010
    Yeah, this is why it sucks to buy locally here in the Philippines. Some companies cheat their consumers. :(

8. kaos420

kaos420 MDL Senior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    #28 kaos420, Aug 16, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2010
    (OP)
    lol the cfg makes it able for him to be able to overclock with rivatuner. with out my cfg rivatuner will not overclock this card on a laptop.

you gotta over write the existing cfg in the programs folder for rivatuner.

its pretty self explanatory when you load it it shows in blue what safe zone is. I myself have never gone to end of the threshold. I have only gone to 900 on the core clock and 930 on the memory clock.

9. hs-1993

hs-1993 MDL Novice

Jul 13, 2011
    Hey man 'm new to this forum and i have already oc'ed my ati mobility radeon 5470 hd 1 gig...i'm not getting any artifacts but every now and then it says adapter has recovered from error and stuff like dat...i own a dell studio 1558 and deir is i think a heating problem oz wen i game (that is usually) reaches aroun 75 deg...i mean WTH is dis normal coreclock 755mhz and memory clock 805 mhz............how do i turn on shader clock? n wot is ur recommended clocks.........how to change core voltages pls i need dis