Pages wont load correctly

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by dragonfire665, Dec 5, 2010.

1. dragonfire665

dragonfire665 MDL Senior Member

Sep 17, 2008
    #1 dragonfire665, Dec 5, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2010
    Ok, man im full of problems lol. Using my laptop to create this thread due to the fact my desktop wont load pages correctly anymore as of 2 days ago.

While on any forum page, if i click on something to enlarge, or if i click on reply or new thread, my loading symbol on my mouse will show loading, but the page never gets there. Here is another one, i go to XfinityTV (Comcast) to watch movies, and now it only gets to Starting Playback but the movie never loads but it will load on my laptop.

Both have the same thing, Im using CA Internet Security 2010, running Superanti Spyware and running on the latest Firefox, on both and Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

On my Desktop, i shut down both Superanti spyware and my firewall and they pages still wont load. I can search the net and other stuffs, but forums and pages where i will like to type or such wont make it completely.

Any suggestions?

I forgot to add i tried using IE8 and Chrome and the same happens to them

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    You don't seem to have any luck with computers always problems time to give them up i think ;) Just kidding, have you tried emptying temp folders and internet cache's other than that maybe time to format. Also are you connecting with wireless through desktop if so try changing channels.

3. dragonfire665

Sep 17, 2008
    yea i know lol man this computer problems are all falling on me very quickly lol.

Anywho, nope im connecting with Ethernet cable, i tried both connection. I deleted the caches and temp folder and nothing. Still having issues loading

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    I also have problems sometimes on certain sites i just retry again in a few minutes and they normally work, Just seem as if the sites have been busy.

5. dragonfire665

Sep 17, 2008
    yea but is weird how at the same time, i will click on it with my laptop and it will load, i will click on it with my desktop and it will stay there wanting to load it just doesnt go anywhere

6. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    Maybe a virus modified the host file dude. I would check that out.

C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\ETC\Hosts

Some viruses like to add entries into that file to block websites like AV websites like Symantec and Mcafee from what I read in the past. That might be a similar issue you are having. Is it only certain sites that will not load on your desktop or is it random?

7. dragonfire665

Sep 17, 2008
    only forum websites or such of that matters. And is not that they wont load, is that for example of i go to this site on my desktop, it will go with no problems, but when i click on reply or create it will just stay there like it was looking but with not my mouse having the loading just spinning not going to the next step. The same goes for like XfinityTV, before i was able to watch movies on my desktop. Now when i go there it will just load, say Starting Playback but never play the movie. Is weird. It just started happening.

On regards to my Host, what should i be looking for to make it stand out from the normal?