Partition / Vista and DYNAMIC DISC PROBLEM

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Narhir, Feb 6, 2009.

1. Narhir

Narhir MDL Novice

Feb 6, 2009
    Hello Guys,

Please help me... Im not sure what to do now:(

The Story:

I have 2 HDD one is 200GB another one is 1000GB The Vista partition is on that one with 1000GB.. however there was around 500DB of unalocated space so.. I played with partitions I created another partition and.. there was something like 200GB free and I was unable to convert it to partition so I went to.. disk management and tryied to do it from there..

There an error shows up that this disk is basic and have to be dynamic and on dynamic disc you cant have Windows Vista anyway.. I was thinking that this is nothing serious and I clicked ok.. and it changed all my partitions to DYMIC (There were around 5 partitions )

The formating of last alocated space begin and finished after that It requested a Restart but it says it cant restart and then It shutdown or restart I dont remmber and I cant run Windows Vista I have that kind of error

Error:

My Solutions:

1)So.. what could I do I tried to reinstall Vista once again on the old Partition withone is now Dynamic however I got same error again...

2)then I start to think that I have another HDD this 200GB so I tried to install vista there.. BUT STILL I got same error...

3)I also tried to use Windows Vista Recovery Disk (startup repair)but it says that the error couldnt be fixed automaticly

So What else I can do, To fix it if any one have any solutions please tell me how to do it

Or.. I think the Dynamic type of disc might be a problem can I somehow Fix it ? by converting back to basic type of disc and If I can do that how? by what program ? any ideas ?

Please Help me :(

2. HMonk

HMonk MDL Addicted

Nov 3, 2008
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...