Pc gta iv

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by gouryella, Apr 13, 2010.

1. gouryella

gouryella MDL Novice

Sep 14, 2009
    Hey,

I recently got to try out GTA IV on my PC, to much surprise it ran very very well. I used to have this game for PS3 but no longer have the PS3 so PC is next best thing, on the PS3 me and my brother both had seperate PSN accounts to play online. My question is, I did download the game just to try it and make sure it would run ok but am going to buy it on next pay day, is it possible to have 2 different online accounts with the PC version as my brother would also like to play online multiplayer. Game would only be installed on my PC, so no multi-installs.

I know the game used Windows Live Gaming for the online accounts, can I just create 2 different accounts using the same cd-key that I will get with my game?

Many thanks, hope I explained this clearly enough.:eek:

2. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    I think so just as long as you logout and then login to each account in the game with the Home option. I am not 100% though cause I play the game with an offline account cause mine is a TPB special lol

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. rahulkucheria

rahulkucheria MDL Novice

Jun 9, 2010
    I am pretty sure that you can u two different accounts on the same key

4. sithboxer

sithboxer MDL Novice

Aug 4, 2009
    You can create two different accounts on the same key.

If you aren't going to be playing online much or will just play through the campaign first, I would recommend a little something called xliveless. Its easy to install and easy to remove. It basically its a modified xlive dll that strips the game of all the logins and extra 'live content'. You wont have achievements or anything but I much prefer the lack of junk and ability to use trainers and the like on the campaign.

Just google it, official thread is posted on gtaforums.