PEBakery

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by joveler, Dec 7, 2017.

1. stayboogy

stayboogy MDL Addicted

May 1, 2011
  2. stayboogy

stayboogy MDL Addicted

May 1, 2011
    nah.

i no longer use anything but the waik and dism to make pe wims and just add my own stuff like the programs folder above and use winpeshl and startnet to do registry additions, driver loading, shell loading, etc.

3. taviruni

taviruni MDL Senior Member

May 8, 2010
  4. Kyhi

Kyhi MDL Junior Member

Jul 16, 2015
    The project is win10se, os source x86 1709, build to ram, boot.wim...
    And I was reporting errors, that where causing the build to halt and exit..
    then was asked to calm down...
    Hard to test when build halts and exits at Shell & Config

Reading MSFN topic not...
    I'm Not New To WinPESE

5. Kyhi

Kyhi MDL Junior Member

Jul 16, 2015
    #45 Kyhi, Dec 21, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
    Yes, Win10PESE project files downloaded by wget..
    Yes, PABakery 20171216...

And yes I have found and fixed the syntax errors, when found...

I always use STD file copy and always build to Ram..

And yes I have read the comments at the oven, github, msfn and here...

Since this is not my first time around this block and can troubleshoot code.

It does get a little frustrating when my results very...

I see another problem, as the bakery is being developed, scripts are being modified at the to be compatible, when in fact there needs to be a standard set of Bakery testing scripts. (wget Downloads)

Another issue is shared projects..

The other issue I see is the implementing requirements within the project scripts, that are just for the sole propose of the admin.

And again the over use of subfolders within the project.scrript. Then the path length warning now present...

Would like to see Bakery make use of it's own project.script or project.ini...

Again, trouble shooting would be better with error line reporting, as other have requested, and is slated as work in progress...

OK, yes expecting a lot, and realizing Bakery is still in development

6. joveler

joveler MDL Novice

Nov 28, 2017
    Thank you for testing, KYHI.
    Without actual .script file and envrionment information, I cannot debug the issue.

In case of path length, PEBakery has experimental long path file length (<32767) support. I do not recommend turning on this though, Windows File Explorer cannot handle path length longer than 260B and make them inaccesible.

The problem is, making too many changes in project architecture can make projects incompatible.
    LiveSystem Pro builder can handle this better, since it is not directly compatible with WB082.

7. Kyhi

Kyhi MDL Junior Member

Jul 16, 2015
    #47 Kyhi, Dec 21, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
    BUT, I was testing the RAR and the WGet project files and received the >>
    Shell & Config.script halts with EnablePE10 equals 10 >> error message
    Using x86 Win10 1709 as source (extracted)

I will continue testing, as that is what I do, I'm retired and I just love this stuff, I sit in front of this PC for hours and actually lose track of time a lot, But, the wife always knows I am at computer when I'm not with her...

8. Kyhi

Kyhi MDL Junior Member

Jul 16, 2015
    Also a little input using >> wmic diskdrive
    under "Caption"
    My SDD = Samsung SSD 850 PRO 512GB

Maybe a string to find "SSD" in caption will help set "Interface logging"

Not sure all SSD's are captioned that way...

But maybe a little help

9. Kyhi

Kyhi MDL Junior Member

Jul 16, 2015
    #49 Kyhi, Dec 21, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
    2-Config.script
    Version=094

very last line of txt file

The Fix = the command is prefixed before the HALT by
    If,ExistFile,%tools%\HiveUnload.exe,ShellExecute,Hide,%tools%\HiveUnload.exe,"/HKLM /Target:%target_sys%\config"

Attached Files:

10. mistery_man

mistery_man MDL Novice

Jun 1, 2010
    Hi stayboogy,
    are you sure about this? I have a MistyPE build running on a UEFI system (booting in UEFI only mode) with a GPT type disk and have not had any issues with disk access. I'm 99% sure that this build has neither enhancedstorage or storagewmi packages installed, but will check and report back.

11. joveler

joveler MDL Novice

Nov 28, 2017
    I had thought about this method, but even my one of my SSD (PC300 NVMe SK hynix 256GB) does not contain the word SSD, so it can not be reliable.
    Detecting TRIM feature would be better, but regarding NVMe and UASP makes thing more complex.

12. jgdaqs

jgdaqs MDL Novice

Jun 25, 2015
    I'm glad to see someone taking up the slack with regards to the lack of development of WinBuilder. I have yet to have a chance to test this, but will watch its development closely, as it looks like it is moving in the right direction.

13. Kyhi

Kyhi MDL Junior Member

Jul 16, 2015
    Program has come a long way and the documentation is great... A lot of hard work and long hours have gone into this, and it shows...

14. stayboogy

stayboogy MDL Addicted

May 1, 2011
    I'm not 100% but I do know any pe built with winbuilder et al. without first building the pe with the walk and adding those packages I couldn't access my hard drive on my actual laptop (not driver related as it still isn't integrated) or access a virtual disk in VMware. That was my experience. I can still duplicate it with all new versions of winbuilder.

But winbuilder is useless to me now so I only use the waik and install said packages then manually add my shell and programs and have a fully working pe

15. joveler

joveler MDL Novice

Nov 28, 2017
  16. Atari800XL

Atari800XL MDL Addicted

Apr 3, 2011
  17. Dave-UK

Dave-UK MDL Junior Member

Apr 24, 2011

18. Atari800XL

Atari800XL MDL Addicted

Apr 3, 2011
    Hi Dave-UK, very kind words! All credit goes to ChrisR (WinPESE10 developer) and Joveler (PEBakery developer).

Your report was lost a bit in your quote, so I'm going to repeat it here in its full form:

--QUOTE "Dave-UK"--
    Hi,
    I'm on Win10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB.

I've just downloaded the pack and run the program and the only problem was having to install Net 4.7.1 from Microsoft.
    Once that was done PEBakery ran without any problems.
    I used a mounted Win10 iso as the source folder.
    After selecting the source folder I just let it run with its default settings.

I have built a few of these rescue discs over the years and I know how much work goes into
    getting a build that works without errors.
    In fact I was so impressed with it I have made a small donation.
    Well done to all involved - great job.

--END QUOTE--