Pendo Pad a pain of sorts

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by skamath, May 14, 2016.

1. skamath

skamath MDL Junior Member

May 11, 2016
    Long story short. Win 10 free upgrade was available on pendo pad. After upgrade touch screen was messed up, touch left and it would show right and scroll up would show down. This tablet has just one micro USB port and to revert back I had to have the power connected but couldn't select the rollback option. A reset made it worse as it removed windows.old and the recovery partition could not give me much as the reset replaced it with win 10 files.

A few weeks, calls to MS tech support and manufacturer gave little or no result.

Manufacturer says return the device if under warranty which it isn't.

device manufacturers website is hopeless (sileadinc) is in some Asian language cant really get anything out of it.

MS tech support told me there is no way of installing win 8.1 as the ISO from media creation tool is not with "bing" and it refused the OEM key which I had.

I managed to find the OEM ISO and installed it and activated without MS help but the touch screen refuses to work.

The device driver doesn't show the device either. my audio device also having the same problem.

There are 5 Intel I2C and 2 UART in the device manager list with yellow triangle and a "!" update driver option says up to date but properties show error code 37. I don't want to use the USB hub al the time, it defeats the purpose of having a tablet.

So far I have tried driver identifier and that didn't work with the 7 instances mentioned above and it didn't detect the audio or touch device either and windows update shows squat. In hxxp://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-hardware/nvidia-graphic-card-does-not-show-up-in-device/d773c616-7767-47c0-94be-b35d77727941?auth=1 the solution by Mann Manohar method 1 and 2 didn't fix the problem and I am not sure with the 3rd option as the manufacturer is asking for the device to be sent back "if" within warranty. I don't think it will be worth sending it back (cost wise).

This hxxp://drivers.for.insyde.pndppw81qi7blk.driveragent.com/12521442986601/Microsoft-Windows-10?PHPSESSID=10or6a8cjuqtgdrnj743u7rf90&PHPSESSID=o80qig2q6rh12veenta7djaii3&PHPSESSID=2hjhq7s3h1rkifo1ih6nm3nba1 shows the drivers list. In it the "KMDF HID Minidriver for Touch I2C Device", sound device and possible others that I dont really miss are missing from the List. These 2 devices are not in the device manager list.

How do I fix this?

TIA

2. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    Have you been able to find a "chipset driver" for the device in question? That is used by Windows to identify hardware that is non-standard.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. skamath

May 11, 2016
    HI Michaela Thank you for choosing to help me. I am not sure how you mean "chipset driver". I have run the driver update utility from intel and that showed nothing to download. So a manual search of the Intel Atom z3735g gave me no result either. even the windows troubleshoot option failed to update those I2c devices.

However the driver identifier which showed that updates are available gave me drivers using the hardware id and installing them gave me the error code 37.
    The HID touch driver and audio device were visible in windows 10 after the upgrade in driver identifier but after reverting to 8.1 they disappeared.

4. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    Please post the exact make and model number of your tablet. Somebody may already know where, but in the meantime, I'll try to find drivers for it. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Bat.1

Bat.1 MDL Expert

Oct 18, 2014
  6. skamath

May 11, 2016
    I tried to post the link here but not enough number to post links. sucks to be a newbee ;) but in the OP the second link is the one that I have.
    @Bat.1 I tried the hardware id to download drivers as identified by driver identifier but it doesn't seem to work.

I tried his method too in the beginning when tryin to get it to work with win10 but I didn't have 2 drivers in the list and now that I have reverted it back to win8.1 with bing I cant see the device in the device manager list. I tried the hardware id to see if anything else is available and ended up getting these touch files from chuwei or something like that a table manufacturer and on windows 10 I could install it but couldn't get it to work.
    Now I have the contents of the drivers folder and would like to try that to see if it will work but the device is not on the list.

Is there a way to install with the device not visible in device manager and without having the exe file?

would the Intel I2C controller in the list, all 5 of them having code 37 error make the KMDF HID Minidriver for Touch I2C Device go missing?

Would this IObit.Driver.Booster.Pro help in finding the hidden device and install drivers?

7. tonto11

tonto11 MDL Addicted

Jun 18, 2012
    #8 tonto11, May 15, 2016
    Last edited: May 15, 2016
    I think MJ's suggestion of the chipset drivers offers a possibility
    these are drivers created by the computer manufacturer
    to supplement M$ drivers. M$ can be pretty dumb sometimes at finding
    drivers, especially true of XP in the old days
    I would try to stick with drivers issued by the computer manufacturer unless
    someone has tried something else and raved how much better they work.

I think a discussion with Pete would offer you the most hope
    these things seem to be most popular in Australia, at least when you google.

you can post a link if you bury it like this for example

aich tee tee pee colon slash slash forums dot mydigitallife dot info

Always thought my Galaxy Tab3 lite was a bit of a dog, but at least it's Linux (Android) :)

...T

8. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    #9 MrMagic, May 15, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  9. Bat.1

Bat.1 MDL Expert

Oct 18, 2014
    #10 Bat.1, May 15, 2016
    Last edited: May 15, 2016
  10. skamath

May 11, 2016
    #11 skamath, May 16, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    (OP)
  11. skamath

May 11, 2016
    LOL I had buried the link with Hxxp instead... Oops My bad :D

BTW where can I find Pete?

12. skamath

May 11, 2016
    Hi Bat.1 The goodix driver is not much help. The hardware id I am after is

ACPI\MSSL1680

*MSSL1680.

I am new to all this stuff so I am glad that you guys are showing so much patience with me

13. tonto11

tonto11 MDL Addicted

Jun 18, 2012
  14. skamath

May 11, 2016
    The device/ hardware id is right which is in the xda link. when I right click the inf file and install it says operation successful but nothing happens.
    My device is not visible in the device manager. would that be what is to be fixed first? how?

15. skamath

May 11, 2016
    This looks promising. just wondering is your friend google the same as my friend google? this helpjet link never showed grrr btw my question now is how to install it as the damn device is not visible under HID in device manager?

16. skamath

May 11, 2016
    BTW when I look up drivers in the link above the results list is empty! is there something that I need to do different to get drivers?
    How do you look up thru google? I tried and including helpjet but that doesn't show me any valid result

17. tonto11

tonto11 MDL Addicted

Jun 18, 2012
    #18 tonto11, May 16, 2016
    Last edited: May 17, 2016

What you do is go to add a new device it will give you a list of devices it has found
    you click it's not on the list box , then it will give you a list of types of devices
    you choose one closest to what you've got and when it asks where's the driver
    you point to the folder in which you've got the .inf file and the drivers

...T

18. tonto11

tonto11 MDL Addicted

Jun 18, 2012
    just go to google.com and enter MSSL1680 and it will give you pages of stuff, some of which is useful most of which is garbage and adverts
    helpjet is one of the links in the list.

I don't get your problem. When I click on the "helpjet" link I gave you it gives me a page explaining what it is
    and when I click download it sends me to another page from which you can download the file in a 172mb zip
    I didn't download and look but I assume it contains the drivers and an inf file

...T

19. skamath

May 11, 2016
    I tried looking up in the search box for the next device using the device id and the page was blank in Helpjet, instead it directed me to some driver downloader tool. I just didn't want to keep annoying you nice folks for the other drivers. I just want you guys to teach me to fish so I wont go hungry in the future. ;) :D