Pendo Pad a pain of sorts

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by skamath, May 14, 2016.

1. tonto11

tonto11 MDL Addicted

Jun 18, 2012
    Right You don't click on the driver downloader tool
    you click on the little purple box just below the filename: T80 Driver W33.zip
    which says download file
    a box will pop up which asks where do you want to save T80 Driver W33.zip
    that's what you're looking for
    ...T

2. skamath

skamath MDL Junior Member

May 11, 2016
    The box that you talk about is the link that you gave me. After I download that one and try to look for aby other driver using the device id or name it shows just a blank page.

BTW the add device manually doesn't show an option for the touch in HID. I tried to add it manually but cant see it in the list of devices provided. Typing calibrations in the search box in charms bar doesn't allow to access the touch input. I get the screen resolution is too low error and I cant increase the resolution above 1024x600. Possible cause for not being able to install touch?

3. tonto11

tonto11 MDL Addicted

Jun 18, 2012
    #23 tonto11, May 18, 2016
    Last edited: May 18, 2016
    you don't need an exact match for the device, when you point it at the folder with the proper drivers in it, as long as it's close, it will sort out what it's looking for. The important thing is that you've got the really proper driver.

Dell gets around this problem by having an installer in the folder which puts the driver files where they are supposed to be to be found by win. Too much to hope that pendo would be the same.

...T

4. skamath

May 11, 2016
    #24 skamath, May 21, 2016
    Last edited: May 21, 2016
    (OP)

So I managed to get all the drivers installed thanx heaps to all of you in MDL.

So finally the system properties show it is a touch device and I can see the calibrate touch and pen in the charms bar but the touch still doesn't work.
    Is there something that I haven't done other. I click the calibrate button and it takes to me to the screen with crosshair and I tap the corner and nothing happens.
    I click the setup button and it asks for the screen to be touched but nothing happens even if I click with mouse.

What gives?

P.S it shows the device to be a "limited touch" device with 5 points compared to my hp convertible which shows touch support with 5 touch points

5. skamath

May 11, 2016
    Pendo Pad fixing opened a new can of worms which had never intrested me so much

Now that I have been trying to fix the tablet I have a few questions about the hardware and device manager

1. The device manager showed a device under system device before clean install of win8.1 and then it showed the same device under the Com port!! Does it where the device is nested in the device manager list or is it configured wrong? Please not the device driver shows up to date in the properties even after checking for updates.

2. third party driver updaters like driver identifier helped me in recovering drivers from some of the nastiest device manufacturers who do not have the driver on their site. MS doesn't help nor did the tablet manufacturer. When checking for updates from device manager it shows the driver is up to date while the 3rd party shows driver available. Although the 3rd party driver shows the processor to be Celeron while I have Atom, the driver installs correctly via device manager! I believe it is because the hardware id matches. Will it effect the performance of the device in any way? Is this why the device gets placed under a different branch like mentioned above in 1.

3. While a few of the devices in the device manager showed as unknown device the 3rd party identified the driver from the id's and while installing the driver shows a warning that the driver is not signed even when I have the driver downloaded thru manufacturers servers. After installing it anyway the driver shows to be working 100%. Further check for updates shows driver up to date. Is it really up to date with the driver not being digitally signed?

Can someone please educate Me? It might just help me figure out how to get the tablet back up and running as the manufacturer is clueless and only wants to fix things under warranty, MS handballs it back to anyone they can including the activation part and device manufacturer is kinda lost in the sea of manufacturers and doesn't have any substantial downloads on his website.
    Cheers

I woke up to these and a few other doubts when I accidently managed to install the touch driver. Installing one device installed the entire chipset device drivers which started showing the touch device which was originally missing from the device manager list.

6. tonto11

tonto11 MDL Addicted

Jun 18, 2012
    #26 tonto11, May 21, 2016
    Mice used to be plugged into com ports, so that's the reason for that association.

Because it's not working like it's supposed to I suspect you still haven't got the proper driver, but it's getting closer.

Next thing is to make a restore point so you can get back to where you are, then try to get windows to update the driver.

I think you're starting to get the idea that this device is a real orphan
    my measure is how many are for sale on ebay
    I only use the most popular, then if there are problems lots of people are working on them.

...T

7. Bat.1

Bat.1 MDL Expert

Oct 18, 2014
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. skamath

May 11, 2016
    Hopefully A H will be kind enough to atleast give me a driver package if not the image. :D
    I have managed to get the Silead driver given by T to get the touch device recognised atleast it shows as a limited touch device which was being shown as a non touch device. No to get it functional if I can that would be great. How is the question

9. tonto11

tonto11 MDL Addicted

Jun 18, 2012
    #29 tonto11, May 21, 2016
    Trying to remember where I ran across this prob before, I know I did.
    it was a notebook can't remember what kind and the problem was the touchpad
    it had a tpad similar to a Dell but that driver didn't work that's where the com port business popped up
    someone here suggested I try a Toshiba driver , that worked somewhat
    enough so windows update was able to provide a real one that worked
    To complicate the matter it was running Chinese windows.
    I have a friend who helps me with Chinese, I help him with English :biggrin:

...T

10. tonto11

tonto11 MDL Addicted

Jun 18, 2012
  11. skamath

May 11, 2016
    7th from the bottom I know that was one of the few things I tried before I got here on MDL. back then the prob was that the device manager didn't show the device and now that the device is showing on the list and the "no touch available" changed to "limited touch" I would like to say that the driverlibs is just a link which doesn't give you the driver, unless I was doing something wrong. It just points you to a dirver updater tool which gave me nothing.

BTW with Pete when he upgraded to win10 the older driver and the new win 10 default driver were in the list but this is a clean win 8.1 install which carried nothing from the previous installs. :(

12. tonto11

tonto11 MDL Addicted

Jun 18, 2012
  13. skamath

May 11, 2016
    #33 skamath, May 23, 2016
    Last edited: May 23, 2016
    (OP)
    I currently have this 15.17.19.189 version from helpjet link I got from you earlier and after that was somehow installed it shows that to be the latest on any driver manager I have checked it with. Windows update hasn't comeup with anything either.

P.S Just remembered, This morning I was trying to install the latest GPIO and GPIO virtual driver and when I install it the BMA sensor and realtek Audio gets the yellow exclamation a rollback fixes it. The other thing that I noticed is that when I installed one of the "unknown device "( I think it was the sensor) It also installed the intel drivers and mysteriously the HID devices showed up and I installed the file that you pointed me to at helpjet. So ATM none of the drivers in the list have issues so I am thinking of a restore point with the recent progress.

Should I attempt the win 10 upgrade again it might just automatically update the so called driver.
    In the list ATM the 3rd party driver managers shows all of the intel dynamic and thermal framework variants. will this make much difference in the touch device working. in fact these are the ones that accidentally got installed before the device showed up in the deivce manager.

14. tonto11

tonto11 MDL Addicted

Jun 18, 2012
  15. skamath

May 11, 2016
    Since December is the concern I might have to place a missing call first to find him and get the driver. :D I have asked a couple others hopefully one of them will be kind enough to help out.

16. Bat.1

Bat.1 MDL Expert

Oct 18, 2014
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  17. skamath

May 11, 2016
    I guess one more joins the battle royal ;)

18. skamath

May 11, 2016
    Mr T and BAt I got the driver from one of the Korean sites and installed it so the touch is working again but the orientation is still stuffed and it says limited touch. I tried to calibrate but it doesn't work right. everything is opposite. The screen doesn't rotate either, just stuck in landscape mode. I wonder if anyother device is missing which is not showing up in the device manager.

19. tonto11

tonto11 MDL Addicted

Jun 18, 2012
    #40 tonto11, May 26, 2016
    Last edited: May 27, 2016
    Go back and read the threads again. I distinctly remember someone talking about that particular issue and how he fixed it.

Got to go got 900 km. to drive today

...T