Personality test

Discussion in 'Serious Discussion' started by Humphrey, Apr 21, 2012.

1. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    Some government officials themselves need to be tested especially the ones who frequent brothels.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    the logistics of it, r29k,
    you can`t be serious..

;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    Better such lot than those who do not go to the brothels and start wars instead...:vertag:

4. Mazrim Taim

Mazrim Taim MDL Member

Feb 23, 2012
    #24 Mazrim Taim, Apr 25, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2012
    [​IMG]

Do I need a shrink? :confused:

Now that I think about it...

This actually sounds a lot like me. An independent perfectionist. ;)

5. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    Shrink for you? That depends on how you act/choices you make or to put it another way, how you treat your body [nature in you], other humans [your society, as small or as large as it may be] and other species, by and large [nature as such]... So, are you just a good ol' consumer, destructive, only "here and now", "gimme-gimme-gimme", irresponsible, spiritually lazy, use and abuse, spend and trash it etc. etc. kinda person or....??? You tell us... since you're asking... and maybe we may tell you...

For my money, those tests need a "professional helping hand"... :D

Try Erich Fromm's "To have or to be" for instance.

Or "The art of loving"... and see... and tell...

[No simple tests outta those...:cool:]

6. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
  7. SOCRATE_MMXII

SOCRATE_MMXII MDL Expert

Jan 25, 2012
    It says this is me?
    [SIZE=+1]Your Type is
    [SIZE=+2] ENFP[/SIZE][/SIZE]
    Extraverted Intuitive Feeling Perceiving
    [SIZE=-0]Strength of the preferences %[/SIZE]
    22 [SIZE=+1]Qualitative analysis of your type formula[/SIZE] You are:
    • slightly expressed extravert
    • moderately expressed intuitive personality
    • distinctively expressed feeling personality
    • slightly expressed perceiving personality
    :D:D:D
    31 62 17

8. gl0rify

gl0rify MDL Novice

Jun 24, 2011
    Don Biscuit, my friend!
    You always have something crazy to say to brighten my day! :roflmao:
    :hug2:

9. gl0rify

gl0rify MDL Novice

Jun 24, 2011
    [SIZE=+1]Your Type is [SIZE=+2]ENFJ[/SIZE][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+1][/SIZE][SIZE=+1][/SIZE]
    Extraverted Intuitive Feeling Judging
    [SIZE=+0]Strength of the preferences %[/SIZE]
    67 25 50 22
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    [/FONT]

[SIZE=+1]Qualitative analysis of your type formula[/SIZE]
    You are:
    • distinctively expressed extravert
    • moderately expressed intuitive personality
    • moderately expressed feeling personality
    • slightly expressed judging personality

[h=1]Portrait of an ENFJ - Extraverted iNtuitive Feeling Judging
    (Extraverted Feeling with Introverted Intuition)
    [/h]
    [h=1]The Giver[/h]

As an ENFJ, you're primary mode of living is focused externally, where you deal with things according to how you feel about them, or how they fit into your personal value system. Your secondary mode is internal, where you take things in primarily via your intuition.
    ENFJs are people-focused individuals. They live in the world of people possibilities. More so than any other type, they have excellent people skills. They understand and care about people, and have a special talent for bringing out the best in others. ENFJ's main interest in life is giving love, support, and a good time to other people. They are focused on understanding, supporting, and encouraging others. They make things happen for people, and get their best personal satisfaction from this.
    Because ENFJ's people skills are so extraordinary, they have the ability to make people do exactly what they want them to do. They get under people's skins and get the reactions that they are seeking. ENFJ's motives are usually unselfish, but ENFJs who have developed less than ideally have been known to use their power over people to manipulate them.
    ENFJ's are so externally focused that it's especially important for them to spend time alone. This can be difficult for some ENFJs, because they have the tendency to be hard on themselves and turn to dark thoughts when alone. Consequently, ENFJs might avoid being alone, and fill their lives with activities involving other people. ENFJs tend to define their life's direction and priorities according to other people's needs, and may not be aware of their own needs. It's natural to their personality type that they will tend to place other people's needs above their own, but they need to stay aware of their own needs so that they don't sacrifice themselves in their drive to help others.
    ENFJ's tend to be more reserved about exposing themselves than other extraverted types. Although they may have strongly-felt beliefs, they're likely to refrain from expressing them if doing so would interfere with bringing out the best in others. Because their strongest interest lies in being a catalyst of change in other people, they're likely to interact with others on their own level, in a chameleon-like manner, rather than as individuals.
    Which is not to say that the ENFJ does not have opinions. ENFJs have definite values and opinions which they're able to express clearly and succinctly. These beliefs will be expressed as long as they're not too personal. ENFJ is in many ways expressive and open, but is more focused on being responsive and supportive of others. When faced with a conflict between a strongly-held value and serving another person's need, they are highly likely to value the other person's needs.
    The ENFJ may feel quite lonely even when surrounded by people. This feeling of aloneness may be exacerbated by the tendency to not reveal their true selves.
    People love ENFJs. They are fun to be with, and truly understand and love people. They are typically very straight-forward and honest. Usually ENFJs exude a lot of self-confidence, and have a great amount of ability to do many different things. They are generally bright, full of potential, energetic and fast-paced. They are usually good at anything which captures their interest.
    ENFJs like for things to be well-organized, and will work hard at maintaining structure and resolving ambiguity. They have a tendency to be fussy, especially with their home environments.
    In the work place, ENFJs do well in positions where they deal with people. They are naturals for the social committee. Their uncanny ability to understand people and say just what needs to be said to make them happy makes them naturals for counseling. They enjoy being the center of attention, and do very well in situations where they can inspire and lead others, such as teaching.
    ENFJs do not like dealing with impersonal reasoning. They don't understand or appreciate its merit, and will be unhappy in situations where they're forced to deal with logic and facts without any connection to a human element. Living in the world of people possibilities, they enjoy their plans more than their achievements. They get excited about possibilities for the future, but may become easily bored and restless with the present.
    ENFJs have a special gift with people, and are basically happy people when they can use that gift to help others. They get their best satisfaction from serving others. Their genuine interest in Humankind and their exceptional intuitive awareness of people makes them able to draw out even the most reserved individuals.
    ENFJs have a strong need for close, intimate relationships, and will put forth a lot of effort in creating and maintaining these relationships. They're very loyal and trustworthy once involved in a relationship.
    An ENFJ who has not developed their Feeling side may have difficulty making good decisions, and may rely heavily on other people in decision-making processes. If they have not developed their Intuition, they may not be able to see possibilities, and will judge things too quickly based on established value systems or social rules, without really understanding the current situation. An ENFJ who has not found their place in the world is likely to be extremely sensitive to criticism, and to have the tendency to worry excessively and feel guilty. They are also likely to be very manipulative and controling with others.
    In general, ENFJs are charming, warm, gracious, creative and diverse individuals with richly developed insights into what makes other people tick. This special ability to see growth potential in others combined with a genuine drive to help people makes the ENFJ a truly valued individual. As giving and caring as the ENFJ is, they need to remember to value their own needs as well as the needs of others.

Jungian functional preference ordering:
    Dominant: Extraverted Feeling
    Auxiliary: Introverted Intuition
    Tertiary: Extraverted Sensing
    Inferior: Introverted Thinking

I have done my research, and the field of NURSES is NOT listed for my personality type :eek: Now I have wasted all my money on this darn tuition!!o_O

10. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    For careers, it chose Computer Science, Natural Sciences, and Engineering.
    (Been there...Done That...):aglerks:

11. CODYQX4

CODYQX4 MDL Developer

Sep 4, 2009
    #31 CODYQX4, Aug 22, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2019

12. quantahis

quantahis MDL Novice

Jul 26, 2012
    Is it really calculate real personality of person.

13. cplguy

cplguy MDL Junior Member

Aug 12, 2012
    #33 cplguy, Sep 9, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2012
    Your Type
    ISTJ

Introvert(100%) Sensing(38%) Thinking(88%) Judging(44%)
    You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (100%)
    You have moderate preference of Sensing over Intuition (38%)
    You have strong preference of Thinking over Feeling (88%)
    You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (44%)

Introverted Sensing Thinking Judging
    by Joe Butt
    Profile: ISTJ
    Revision: 3.0
    Date of Revision: 27 Feb 2005

"It is in keeping with tradition throughout our history that I should express simply and directly the opinions which I hold concerning some of the matters of present importance." --Herbert Hoover, Inaugural Address, Monday, March 4, 1929.

ISTJs are often called inspectors. They have a keen sense of right and wrong, especially in their area of interest and/or responsibility. They are noted for devotion to duty. Punctuality is a watchword of the ISTJ. The secretary, clerk, or business(wo)man by whom others set their clocks is likely to be an ISTJ.

As do other Introverted Thinkers, ISTJs often give the initial impression of being aloof and perhaps somewhat cold. Effusive expression of emotional warmth is not something that ISTJs do without considerable energy loss.

ISTJs are most at home with "just the facts, Ma'am." They seem to perform at highest efficiency when employing a step-by-step approach. Once a new procedure has proven itself (i.e., has been shown "to work,") the ISTJ can be depended upon to carry it through, even at the expense of their own health.

ISTJs are easily frustrated by the inconsistencies of others, especially when the second parties don't keep their commitments. But they usually keep their feelings to themselves unless they are asked. And when asked, they don't mince words. Truth wins out over tact. The grim determination of the ISTJ vindicates itself in officiation of sports events, judiciary functions, or an other situation which requires making tough calls and sticking to them.

His SJ orientation draws the ISTJ into the service of established institutions. Home, social clubs, government, schools, the military, churches -- these are the bastions of the SJ. "We've always done it this way" is often reason enough for many ISTJs. Threats to time-honored traditions or established organizations (e.g., a "run" on the bank) are the undoing of SJs, and are to be fought at all costs.

Functional Analysis

Introverted Sensing

Si is oriented toward the world of forms, essences, generics. Time is such a form, a quantifiable essense of exactitude, the standard to which external events are held. For both of the IS_J types, the sense of propriety comes from the clear definition of these internal forms. An apple "should" have certain qualities, against which all apples are evaluated. A "proper" chair has four legs, (and other qualities this poor INTP can only guess). Jung viewed introverted sensing as something of an oxymoron, in that the natural direction of senses is outward toward the object, rather than inward and away from it. One has the sense that Introverted Sensors are drawn more to the measure of the concept of the perceived object than to the experience of that perception.

Extraverted Thinking

The moderation of the Te function serves to socialize the expression of these forms. When the Si function is ready to relinquish the data, Te may speak. Otherwise, silence is golden. ISTJs seem to have a few favorite forms (the tried and true) which may serve for most occasions. My ISTJ dad woke me every morning with the same phrase for more years than I care to remember. Asked, "How are you?" he answered with the same stock phrase. ("As well as my age and habits will permit" was used for about two decades.) "It's a good form, a sound form--it's the form for me."

Introverted Feeling

Since Fi is turned inward, it is rarely expressed. Perhaps this enables the ISTJ to resolutely accept that "we are all doomed." When told that Lazarus had died, Thomas said, "Let us go and die with him." (He could just as well have said something like, "I knew this was bound to happen sooner or later.") Only in times of great distress is the Introverted Feeling expressed (as I witnessed in my dad when a neighbor's son was killed in a hunting accident). Otherwise, feeling is inferred, or expressed nonverbally, through eye contact, or an encouraging smile.

Extraverted Intuition

The Ne function of an ISTJ does not serve her very well. It needs a lot of help. She was surprised, for example, to find that someone she had talked with only by phone had red hair, because she "didn't usually like" people with red hair! This inferior Ne seems to be a major source of, and a natural breeding ground for, stereotypes. Failure of the banking system is but one bogeyman which arises from the fear which feeds on the ISTJ's mistrust of real world possibilities. The shadow inhabiting the inferior Ne strikes at the precious forms and standards in the heart of the dominant Si function.

Famous ISTJs:

Thomas (Christ's disciple)
    U.S. Presidents:
    George Washington
    Andrew Johnson
    Benjamin Harrison
    Herbert Hoover
    George H. W. Bush
    Paul Coverdale (U.S. Senator, R-GA)
    Jackie Joyner-Kersee (U.S. Olympic athlete)
    Evander Holyfield, heavyweight boxing champion
    Fictional ISTJs:
    Joe Friday
    Mr. Martin (hero of James Thurber's Sitting in the Catbird Seat)
    Fred Mertz (I Love Lucy)
    Puddleglum, the marshwiggle (Chronicles of Narnia)
    Cliff (Cheers)
    Copyright © 2012 by Joe Butt

14. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    INTJ
    Introvert(56%) iNtuitive(62%) iNtuitive Thinking(50%) Judging(67%)

You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (56%)
    You have distinctive preference of Intuition over Sensing (62%)
    You have moderate preference of Thinking over Feeling (50%)
    You have distinctive preference of Judging over Perceiving (67%)

15. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    Not even the test creator knows that... :D

16. sid_16

sid_16 MDL Giveaway Organiser

Oct 15, 2011
    :clap::rotflmao:

17. Puffingmad

Puffingmad MDL Addicted

Aug 19, 2012
    [​IMG]
    [ENFP] [INFP] [ENFJ] [INFJ] [ESTJ] [ISTJ] [ESFJ] [ISFJ]
    [ENTP] [INTP] [ENTJ] [INTJ] [ESTP] [ISTP] [ESFP] [ISFP]

[​IMG]
    Extraverted iNtuitive Feeling Perceiving
    by Marina Margaret Heiss​
    Profile: ENFP
    Revision: 4.0
    Date of Revision: 28 Feb 2011

[The following comes partially from the archetype, but mostly from my own dealings with ENFPs.]
    ENFPs are both "idea"-people and "people"-people, who see everyone and everything as part of a cosmic whole. They want to both help and to be liked and admired by other people, on both an individual and a humanitarian level. This is rarely a problem for the ENFP, as they are outgoing and warm, and genuinely like people. Some ENFPs have a great deal of zany charm, which can ingratiate them to more stodgy types in spite of their unconventionality.
    ENFPs often have strong, if sometimes surprising, values and viewpoints. They tend to try to use their social skills and contacts to persuade others gently (though enthusiastically) of the rightness of these views; this sometimes results in the ENFP neglecting their nearest and dearest while caught up their efforts to change the world.
    ENFPs can be the warmest, kindest, and most sympathetic of mates; affectionate, demonstrative, and spontaneous. Many in relationships with an ENFP literally say, "They light up my life." But there is usually a trade-off: the partner must be willing to deal with the practical and financial aspects of the relationship, and the ENFP must be allowed the freedom to follow their latest path, whatever that entails.
    For some ENFPs, relationships can be seriously tested by their short attention spans and emotional needs. They are easily intrigued and distracted by new friends and acquaintances, forgetting their older and more familiar emotional ties for long stretches at a time. And the less mature ENFP may need to feel they’re the constant center of attention, to confirm their image of themselves as a wonderful and fascinating person.
    In the workplace, ENFPs are pleasant and friendly, and interact in a positive and creative manner with both their co-workers and the public. ENFPs are also a major asset in brainstorming sessions; follow-through on projects can be a problem, however. ENFPs do get distracted, especially if another interesting issue comes along. They also tend towards procrastination, and dislike performing small, uninteresting tasks. ENFPs are most productive when working in a group with a few Js to handle the details and the deadlines.

Extraverted iNtuitive Feeling Perceiving

by Joe Butt
    ENFPs are friendly folks. Most are really enjoyable people. Some of the most soft-hearted people are ENFPs.
    ENFPs have what some call a "silly switch." They can be intellectual, serious, all business for a while, but whenever they get the chance, they flip that switch and become CAPTAIN WILDCHILD, the scourge of the swimming pool, ticklers par excellence. Som etimes they may even appear intoxicated when the "switch" is flipped.
    One study has shown that ENFPs are significantly overrepresented in psychodrama. Most have a natural propensity for role-playing and acting.
    ENFPs like to tell funny stories, especially about their friends. This penchant may be why many are attracted to journalism. I kid one of my ENFP friends that if I want the sixth fleet to know something, I'll just tell him.
    ENFPs are global learners. Close enough is satisfactory to the ENFP, which may unnerve more precise thinking types, especially with such things as piano practice ("three quarter notes or four ... what's the difference?") Amazingly, some ENFPs are adept at exacting disciplines such as mathematics.
    Friends are what life is about to ENFPs, moreso even than the other NFs. They hold up their end of the relationship, sometimes being victimized by less caring individuals. ENFPs are energized by being around people. Some have real difficulty being alone , especially on a regular basis.
    One ENFP colleague, a social worker, had such tremendous interpersonal skills that she put her interviewers at ease during her own job interview. She had the ability to make strangers feel like old friends.
    ENFPs sometimes can be blindsided by their secondary Feeling function. Hasty decisions based on deeply felt values may boil over with unpredictable results. More than one ENFP has abruptly quit a job in such a moment.
    Functional Analysis:
    Extraverted iNtuition

The physical world, both geos and kosmos, is the ENFP's primary source of information. Rather than sensing things as they are, dominant intuition is sensitive to things as they might be. These extraverted intuitives are most adept with patterns and connections. Their natural inclination is toward relationships, especially among people or living things.Intuition leans heavily on feeling for meaning and focus. Its best patterns reflect the interesting points of people, giving rise to caricatures of manner, speech and expression.
    Introverted Feeling

Auxiliary feeling is nonverbally implied more often than it is openly expressed. When expressed, this logic has an aura of romance and purity that may seem out of place in this flawed, imperfect world. In its own defense, feeling judgement frequently and fleetly gives way to humor. ENFPs who publicize their feelings too often may put off some of the crowd of friends they naturally attract.Extraverted Thinking

Thinking, the process which runs to impersonal conclusions, holds the extraverted tertiary position. Used on an occasional basis, ENFPs may benefit greatly from this ability. Less mature and lacking the polish of higher order functions, Thinking is not well suited to be used as a prominent function. As with other FP types, the ENFP unwary of Thinking's limitations may find themselves most positively mistaken.Introverted Sensing

Sensing, the least discernible ENFP function, resides in the inner world where reality is reduced to symbols and icons--ideas representing essences of external realities. Under the influence of the ever-present intuition, the ENFP's sensory perceptions are in danger of being replaced by hypothetical data consistent with pattern and paradigm. When it is protected and nourished, introverted sensing provides information about the fixed. From such firm anchoring ENFPs are best equipped to launch into thousands of plausibilities and curiosities yet to be imagined.Perhaps the combination of introverted Feeling and childlike introverted Sensing is responsible for the silent pull of ENFPs to the wishes of parents, authority figures and friends. Or perhaps it's the predominance of indecisive intuition in combination with the ambiguity of secondary Fi and tertiary Te that induces these kind souls to capitulate even life-affecting decisions. Whatever the dynamic, ENFPs are strongly influenced by the opinions of their friends.
    Famous ENFPs:

Franz Joseph Haydn
    Samuel Clemens (Mark Twain)
    Will Rogers
    Buster Keaton
    Theodor "Dr." Seuss Geisel (The Cat in the Hat)
    Mickey Rooney
    James Dobson ("Focus on the Family")
    Andy Rooney
    Carol Burnett
    Paul Harvey
    Elizabeth Montgomery (Bewitched)
    Bill Cosby (Ghost Dad)
    Dom Delouise, actor
    Dave Thomas, owner of Wendy's hamburger chain
    Lewis Grizzard, newspaper columnist
    I. King Jordan, past president of Gallaudet University
    Martin Short, actor-comedian
    Meg Ryan, actor (When Harry Met Sally)
    Robin Williams, actor, comedian (Dead Poet's Society, Mrs. Doubtfire)
    Sandra Bullock, actor (Speed, While You Were Sleeping)
    Robert Downey Jr.(Ironman)
    Alicia Silverstone (Clueless)
    Sinbad
    Andy Kaufman
    Regis Philbin
    Will Smith
    Fictional:

Dr. Doug Ross (ER)
    Balkie (Perfect Strangers)
    Ariel (The Little Mermaid)
    Steve IrkleCopyright © 2012 by Marina Margaret Heiss and Joe Butt

• To subscribe to the fun, original (Dec 1993) ENFP list, visit