PGP Whole Disk Encryption for Workgroups

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by jasqid, May 22, 2009.

1. jasqid

jasqid MDL Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Anyone find this on a download to test? Very interested to testing to see if it will work for me. Been searching in my normal places but havent found anything.

Thanks!

2. SJSupport

SJSupport MDL Novice

Nov 12, 2012
    I use true crypt for HDD disk encryption

3. HSChronic

HSChronic MDL Expert

Aug 25, 2007
    I have experience with PGP on the enterprise and workgroup level. If you are not setting up a central server to store your keys in (which in this case you wouldn't because of the min req and cost), then don't use it. If a machine for some reason gets hosed without a central server the recovery methods suck. Plus it is owned by Symantec now so who knows what they did to it.

I use Bitlocker which isn't really a true whole disk encryption solution, but it works well since we have a domain and machines with a TPM that we can activate without interaction during the imaging process.

If you are looking for cheap and reliable TrueCrypt is good, however its not an enterprise product so there isn't any centralized management. I haven't worked with encryption products in about 3 years or so the landscape has probably changed a lot.

4. koolance

koolance MDL Novice

Mar 18, 2012
    Hello,

For my opinion Symantec products were based on Altiris Central management console, which currently is supported only by windows server 2003. This also is a minus.
    Bit locker is a good Active Directory integrated solution.

How ever about 5 years i use Mcafee Endpoint Encryption and consider it as a best one. There is also Client-Server connection, but it is very easy to use in Enterprise.
    Only one minus is that licenses per PC cost about 80$

And trial version allows you to have only 20 PC.