Phlash16 Problem

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by scrotty, Nov 12, 2009.

1. scrotty

scrotty MDL Novice

Mar 5, 2008
    Hi, I want to reflash the bios on my Medion laptop. I've got the bios files (both standard and modded versions) but when I try to use phlash16 to do the flash I get met with "Part ID not found in table of supported parts".

Being as I downloaded the bios update from the Medion site and it is all packaged together I would assume that everything should be compatible but it seems not. Is there anything that would be causing this error that I can alter or is there another method I can use to do the flash without using phlash16?

Manufacturer: Medion
    Model: P8610
    Version: M1.04
    Bios Type: Phoenix

2. scrotty

scrotty MDL Novice

Mar 5, 2008
    #2 scrotty, Nov 12, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2009
    (OP)
    OK, I think the problem may actually be the bios file on not phlash16 as I first suspected. I went to the Medion site and put in the model name of my laptop (this in itself is somewhat ambiguous as the literature says it's an MD96370 but on the bottom it says it's a WIM2170. When I put this data into the UK site it gave me a bios for P8610 (the one I have tried to flash) but since having the problem I went to the Aus site which gives me no files found and then the German site which gives me drivers but no bios.

So it looks like I'm up the creek on this one :(