phoenix bios not loading os

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by newuserhere, Sep 23, 2012.

1. newuserhere

newuserhere MDL Novice

Sep 23, 2012
    please help me out guys. I'm in deep trouble. i have a compaq presario c301tu(windows xp). i recently installed bios(phoenix) driver
    source:

File name: sp35954.exe [1/1, 3.68M]
    Released: 2007-05-25
    Version: F.24 A
    ever since then i have'nt been able to run my laptop. when i start my system it takes me to a screen with the options "safe mode ..with cmd prmpt ..with network ..last known good conf ..start normally .." i have tried all the options with no success. The system loads till i see the windows logo and then a blue screen with some error mgs appears for a fraction of a second (therefore impossible to read) and back to the same screen with the above said options. i can enter the bios setup, i hv tried loading default settings bt still the problem persist. Please help me. I'm desperate ;'(

2. andrewscott48209

andrewscott48209 MDL Novice

Nov 19, 2011
    Sounds like the bios update succeeded but the Operating system overreacted to the bios update? Try booting to a repair disc and see if it can repair it. If not, see if you can install the OS. If not, then you might need to format the disk and start over.

3. gabiz_ro

gabiz_ro MDL Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Could be a SATA AHCI problem.
    If default is AHCI and windows is installed in legacy IDE mode,this thing may produce that result.
    Check for that option in BIOS setup.

Also pressing F8 may give extra option like disable automatically restart on failure.

4. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011