Picture password problem

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by msmmpts, Dec 21, 2012.

1. msmmpts

msmmpts MDL Member

Sep 25, 2010
    I was creating a picture password and it went through all the steps and it showed "There was a failure during the enrollment process"

What should I do?

Sfc scannow did not find any integrity violations
    I tried system restore but that did not work. All the default windows app were blank. When I clicked it showed your developer license has expired. Please renew it. So I restored back again. Any idea why it would have showed up?

Still I am unable to use pic password

Note: I created another account and tried to use pic password but still I cant create one

I tried MS account but still same error.

2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    May you could try to "Clean" your OS! Use the bootable DVD/USB/ISO for to boot from and chose Repair on the 2. screen. That will give you several options, one of them is to clean your PC, chose that. Maybe that will works.

Good luck.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. msmmpts

msmmpts MDL Member

Sep 25, 2010
    is there any alternative?
    I want clean install to be the last alternative

4. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    You didn't get me!

I mean to use the Repair Option for to "clean" your existing installation of Windows 8, NOT a new clean install!

Boot from your Boot Media, chose Repair from 2. screen, go to Option and check there what you like to do.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Next time you do such security work, make screen shots from every change, edit, key in and move so you could recall what you'd done. We all making mistakes every day, there isn't any problem with that, and just to save your own time and have an proof what you'd done, such screenshots helps a lot if anything is going wrong!

6. msmmpts

msmmpts MDL Member

Sep 25, 2010
    I don`t want to do that now because I recently it a few days ago.

Is there anything that I can do from my side?

7. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
  8. msmmpts

msmmpts MDL Member

Sep 25, 2010
    I saw the software. you were right.

If I experience some more problems then I will do that.