Pinball from XP

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by christantoan, Jan 29, 2010.

1. FukenGruven

FukenGruven MDL Member

Jan 9, 2011
    #21 FukenGruven, Jan 15, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2011
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Kouryu

Kouryu MDL Senior Member

Jan 19, 2011
    I noticed the help files weren't working, so I tracked down the files needed to make it work.
    In XP (you can get this with XP Mode obviously), look in C:\Windows\Help for:
    ntart.chm
    ntdef.chm
    pinball.chm

Copy those files over to the same directory under 7. Restart Pinball and it will work... mostly.

3. Wilberfours

Wilberfours MDL Novice

Nov 17, 2013
    #24 Wilberfours, Nov 19, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2013
    Thank you for the pinball. It worked on my windows 7 64 bit after I went into compatibility view settings. There I clicked the checkbox xp, that failed. But, then I tried win 98. IT WORKED. I like the game because it is a quick diversion with a neat beginning and ending. unlike most megalithic modern games. Also it involves predicting arcs and curves and rebounds within the confines of the laws of gravity. Gravity is an analog concept but one that still gets a lot of use. In response to the commentator below who writes "WHY?," I respond that it is nostalgic and comfort food for the mind. And if they ever seek to revive an old game from years ago, then they are a not hip, hypocrite.