Please explanation of basic and ssv3 slics ??

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by sadsack, May 22, 2010.

1. sadsack

sadsack MDL Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Hi all,

Endless trouble with my gigabyte GA 7n400 pro 2 rev1, so luckily I've been given a GA7n400 Pro 2 Rev2 mobo,
    and I have managed to find here:
    Gigabyte_GA-7N400_Pro2_(rev2.x)_FK_ASUS_SLIC_2.1.rar
    Gigabyte_GA-7N400_Pro2_(rev2.x)_FK_DELL_SLIC_2.1.rar
    Gigabyte_GA-7N400_Pro2_(Rev_2.0)_FK_Gigabyte_SLIC_2.1_SSV3.rar

I am also in luck due to a friend requiring an re installation on he's dell so i also have a full proper copy of win7 home premium,
    So i suppose the dell slic is the obvious choice to make life easy, but i just wondered if anyone can tell me what the SSV3 version is?.
    Probably a real noob question to most here but it's got me stumped. I've done many slic upgrades with the help of many of the people here, but I just wondered would the SSV3 be of better use than the others.

Thanks chaps for any advice....

ttfn
    sadsack

p.s. thanks to NoJuan999 for the slics...

2. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    SSv3 was used in most all recent gigabyte bios due to the ineffectiveness of the other mods. SSv1 orISA used to be a gimme, then some code changes and use of the sensitive modules made the SSv3 mod necessary. The mod was a bit more difficult due to much resizing of modules necessary to keep the offsets the same in the modified modules, and the mainbios module holds the SLIC code. with the automation by Andy, the SSv3 is much less troublesome, but some complaints have been shown by individuals with high RAM (6GB and up); this is not a problem with the boards you have...:rolleyes:

An ISA mod should work with these boards, but if using the mod tool, any that can be realized with its use is fine. I would use the Gigabyte SLIC for continuity, and changing the cert and serial is simple; either in the DVD or after install.

In the end, you will have to do what is good for you, but any mod should work here, no sensitive modules I can remember..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...