Please help in recovering my lost drive

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by john1921, Sep 13, 2009.

1. john1921

john1921 MDL Novice

Sep 13, 2009
    hi friends,i have just now installed windows 7 rc on my computer,during installation i have accidentally clicked Load driver button(at the stage where it asks for partition,format,new,load driver,etc) and then my D drive button and came back and continued with my installation.After complete installation When i opened my computer there i have seen that my d drive is missing( I had 3 drives c,d and e before installation).That d drive is of 20 gb and it contains very important information,All my college projects and passwords and userids was in that drive and now it is lost.When i checked in disk management that drive is shown with actual used space and in its status it is showing as Healthy (System,active,primary partition) ,but i cannot see it or open it to take its backup,

Please friends please help in me in getting my d drive back.please,i really need it.

2. Yurbuh Tuggly

Yurbuh Tuggly MDL Member

Jul 26, 2009
    Did you try assigning it a drive letter in Disk Management?

3. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    Windows 7 has done that to me several times, Don't understand why it decides to hid drives. That is how I fixed it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Lenmaer

Lenmaer MDL Addicted

Jul 3, 2009
    Vista did the same to me, especially with external usb drives, had to assign them again.