Please help me downgrade HP server bios and add SLIC 2.1 + SLIP to it

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by weaveR, Nov 19, 2009.

1. weaveR

weaveR MDL Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Hi, I have 2 identical servers and in an attempt to add slic 2.1 to the bios on one of them I flashed the bios to the latest version available from here.

When I flashed the bios to the latest version it didn't add any slic table and instead undesirably caused a fan to spin constantly instead of just spinning for about 30 seconds when the server first boots.

I tried looking in the bios for a setting to change it back to how it was but there is no setting available which is a real pain.

I tried flashing the bios with an older version I found, this came with a slic 2.0 table and still has the fan problem.

I would really like to have slic 2.1 if possible but most importantly I want to set the fan back to how it was without unplugging it.

Now luckily this server is just the backupserver and I didn't flash the real server so the other servers fan still spins for 30 seconds and then goes quiet.

I tried checking what version I have on both servers too but on Everest both servers said they were both the same version O15 when I have only flashed one of the 2 bioses which is really weird.

What I was thinking of doing is making a dump of the old bios file and then replacing the backupserver from the dump.

I found a program that can make a dump of the bios, it's a tool made by Davidxxv and it has a blue D for the icon, anyway I made a dump but the dump is 2 megs so I am worried about flashing with that dump because I have heard that it shouldn't be any bigger than 1 megabyte.

Anyway I'm sure someone who is experienced with Rompaq bios files would be able to answer this pretty easily, it's just I don't want to screw up the server anymore than I already have, any advice?