Please help me out.

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by Zeemanv2, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Zeemanv2

Zeemanv2 MDL Novice

Aug 20, 2013
    I was reading the link u gave in which recovery method is explained. Then i happened to come at a post by at0607 which goes sumthing like this------

" My HP Pavilion G4-1035tu was bricked because of failed flash. Tried many but just only one method worked:
    - Create a HP_TOOLS usb drive with those utilites on HP's site: HP System Diagnostics, HP Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) Support Environment, HP BIOS Update Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI)
    - Use xxxxx.BIN and xxxxx.SIG from ANDY tool: copy all to 3 folder: Current, New, Previous
    - Shut down laptop, plug the USB stick, hold win + B and power on
    - Release Win + B when it read the USB.
    - See the magic."

What i didnt get is why he copied the files in all 3 folders? If he wanted to recover i think he shouldve placed the files in Previous folder and then select restore bios option right? Can i also place files in all 3 folders then select update bios so that if it didnt read it from new folder it wud read from previous or current one :D. After reading this u must be thinking im a total noob, bt im not its just that im over-cautious :p and to brick my new laptop only for a logo is not worth it.

2. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    brick happens from windows .. not from F2 menu

3. Zeemanv2

Zeemanv2 MDL Novice

Aug 20, 2013
    #23 Zeemanv2, Aug 22, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2013
    (OP)
    Bro "LatinMcG" thanks for listening and replying to all my silly questions. 99% of my doubts have been cleared now thanks to u :worthy::worthy:.

Btw ive created uefi envoirment in my usb stick and placed ur files under hp/bios/new, current, and previous altogether as backup if anything goes wrong (may that doesnt happen) for recovery. Coz my policy is- Always be ready for worst case scenario!!:biggrin::biggrin:

Will post after flashing. Ciao:cool::cool:

EDIT-------------------------

There is one more thing i wanna ask u which i think will surely be enough to get me the "n00b of the year" award.:D But i have a doubt n i will ask to clear it out no matter how noob i may sound. So there is one thing actually two things which i didnt get correctly.

1.BIOS is not different for whether i run x86 windows7 or x64 on my machine right? Im asking this coz i have 64bit structure bt im running 32bit windows. I thought i ask this whether it will conflict with my system in any way?

2. Which is the right order---- (i). First format and install windows then flash bios or

(ii). First flash bios then install windows.

Plz clear these last problems of mine and i will be 100% doubt free. TIA

I think its better to ask than to make mistake.

4. Zeemanv2

Zeemanv2 MDL Novice

Aug 20, 2013
    Dude "LatinMcG" y are u not replying? I know im asking stupid questions :p bt i wanna clear my doubts once n for all. So plz reply n i promise i wont bug you again.:D

5. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    #25 LatinMcG, Aug 23, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2013
    sorry im a bussy mind.

ok no difference in bios for OS x86 or 64.

u can flash bios from F2 menu bios management with NO OS or unsupported OS as its OS independent (from USB EFI Environment)
    as long as u have proper name .bin and .sig that Hp does not provide but we DECrypt with phoenix tool.

however if u need to flash from windows then i would reinstall windows first to avoid flashing issues
    (fresh os flashes 99% of times with no brick while dirty infected os can freeze during flash %50 of times)

6. Zeemanv2

Zeemanv2 MDL Novice

Aug 20, 2013
    @LatinMcG thanks a ton man u cleared all my problems and now im updated to F.6A. :worthy::worthy:

But that ugly logo is still present
    :druff: What to do now? Plz advice how to remove it?

7. Zeemanv2

Zeemanv2 MDL Novice

Aug 20, 2013
    #27 Zeemanv2, Aug 24, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2013
    (OP)
    After successfully updating my system bios to F.6A that fugly logo was still there :mad:. I was googling how to remove logo that is burned on your chip then i happened to find a post in which a person had the same problem of logo as mine bt he managed to remove it. He had lenovo B460E laptop which has same same insyde bios as mine bt a diff config. (he got it from gov in south n i got it in north).

Here's the link--
    "w w w .deezthomas.com/9-tutorials/20-tutorial-change-bios-splash-on-lenovo-b460e-tn-govt-laptop.html?showall=&limitstart="

I didnt understand half of the things what he did
    :eek: bt what i understood is that my laptop's boot logo can be changed too. Since he had lenovo n i have hp otherwise i wouldve done it myself.

By reading his post i came to know, if i wanted to change logo i must have a new original bios file which i already have (bt i used decrypted .bin n .sig files courtesy of "LatinMcG"
    :worthy:.) and some other tools mentioned in above link.

Can someone plz mod the bios f
    or me plz and put original hp invent logo in it (coz im embarassed everytime i boot it in front of my friends:eek:.)

Link for Bios----- WWW . h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=5280049&

8. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
  9. Zeemanv2

Zeemanv2 MDL Novice

Aug 20, 2013
    #29 Zeemanv2, Aug 25, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2013
    (OP)
    Sorry bro "LatinMcG" i forgot to link my installed bios.:p here's the link-- www .mediafire.com/download/vwqq0k2gj3j2q04/Installed_Bios.zip

What ive done is taken backup of my currently installed/unedited bios (the one with logo) using Universal Bios Backup tool n send u a copy and link for original F.6A bios is-- www .h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-120487-1&cc=in&dlc=en&lc=en&os=4062&product=5280049&sw_lang=

And to save u from my hundreds of queries, ive attached a text file n all my request/queries r there, the logo i want to use as bootscreen logo (its unedited coz i dont have photoshop so plz edit it as mentioned in deez's post. I like this logo if it cant be used, use the stock hp logo) , the logo i want removed (attached so that u know which logo to remove/replace), a copy of post by Deez thomas, who replaced logo in Lenovo B640e (for quick glance).

Plz bro mod my bios with the given hp logo n plz make it flashable via UEFI.

THANKS IN ADVANCE

10. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
  11. Zeemanv2

Zeemanv2 MDL Novice

Aug 20, 2013
    #31 Zeemanv2, Aug 30, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2013
    (OP)
    I got the red one. Btw i checked c:\swsetup there is no sp62234 folder. Do i have to make one.
    Right now im going to flash from efi method. Will inform u after flash.

EDIT--------------------

Update failed via efi-"BIOS SIGNATURE NOT MATCHED". I knew it before that it wont flash coz editing changes the signature.

Looks like it had to be done from windows only.

There's no sp62234 exe file or folder under c\swsetup , there is one folder for Hp efi n one for On screen display bt sp62234. Btw there is one in c\doc.\downloads. Do i have to replace 03564.bin file n run from there or copy the entire sp62334 folder to c\swsetup n then run?

Waiting for ur conformation.

Waiting for ur conformation to make a new

12. Zeemanv2

Zeemanv2 MDL Novice

Aug 20, 2013
    Increasing post count. tired of inability to post link.:mad:

13. Zeemanv2

Zeemanv2 MDL Novice

Aug 20, 2013
    PLz Dont read this.

14. Zeemanv2

Zeemanv2 MDL Novice

Aug 20, 2013
    Last post to get full access. woohoo:D

15. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    u need to use 7-zip.org to extract all files.. then replace the .bin file with the one in zip with NO .SIG (encrypted.. not derypted)\as long as u replace the .bin file with the one i posted it should flash with insydflash.exe

16. Zeemanv2

Zeemanv2 MDL Novice

Aug 20, 2013
    So location of folder is not a concern coz u said urself- "has to be flashed from widnows with the insydeflash.exe .. replace in the c:\swsetup\sp62234 then run insydeflash"

Ive extracted all files through winrar n there's aforementioned file too, its just that they are not under c\swsetup as u said instead its under folder where all downloaded files are kept.

Busy at the moment, will flash when i get time n then report too.

17. donovan6000

donovan6000 MDL Novice

Dec 29, 2010
    I'm kind of honored that you visited my blog. Ever since I started modding bios, I've always considered you to be one of greatest :eek:

The module count mismatch error usually happens when the max size of the rom has been exceeded. I'm a little suprised that Zeemanv2's college managed to fit that big of a logo in it in the first place.

@Zeemanv2 Why would you be embarrassed of this lol :p
    abpkz5.png

18. Zeemanv2

Zeemanv2 MDL Novice

Aug 20, 2013
    Coz everytime it reminds that i got it from college. xD

19. Zeemanv2

Zeemanv2 MDL Novice

Aug 20, 2013
    Replaced the bin file in sp62234 folder and pasted it in c\swsetup , n tried to flash from insydeflash.exe but it didnt flash n gave an error-"Bios image is corrupted or do not contain the correct digital signature. Bios will not be updated."

So what to do then? Do i have to upload dump folder of current bios?

20. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    sounds like i need to edit the 1024x688 image of hp to fit.

digital signature.. ahh the dreaded show stopper.. maybe donovan knows a way arround it.
    i used phoenixtool to make the bin encrypted.. strange