Please help vista activation SP1 related

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by mr_x_plosion, Dec 18, 2007.

1. mr_x_plosion

mr_x_plosion MDL Novice

Dec 18, 2007
    Hi, first all i'm new here, found this forum from google.

Been running Vista Ultimate 32bit fine for several months now with the help of the OneClick Activator crack, I heard about SP1 and set about installing at the weekend.

Yesterday I noticed I had the watermark "Valuation copy" in the bottom right and it was saying I had 16 days left on my trial.

Soon realised that SP1 had stopped the crack.

I tried a bios oem mod but it wouldnt work, came up with some error.

I tried the stop timer hack, no luck, I tried the Paradox mod and this is where I am now.

It no longer says valuation copy but if I right click computer and click properties it never opens, I cant open control panel either, Aero is turned off for some reason.

Whats happened? Am I activated or not? Why isnt it working?

Please help, im going mad here, really dont want to re-install as I have vista running really nice and all my games and apps installed.

Massive thanks for any input.

Regards

Nick

2. the-paperboy

the-paperboy MDL Junior Member

Jun 1, 2007
  3. mr_x_plosion

mr_x_plosion MDL Novice

Dec 18, 2007
    #3 mr_x_plosion, Dec 19, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2007
    (OP)
    But I dont have any warning messages telling me my copy isnt genuine.

When I tried the timer stop hack it said "0 timers stopped" so im guessing that didnt work, I guess im too far gone to stop timers.

Can I un-install SP1 to fix it?

My timer says 20580 mins (14 days)
    Avaluation end date 16/10/2008

What will happen in 14 days?

4. john_matrix

john_matrix MDL Novice

Dec 23, 2007
    You can do a "slmgr -rearm" command to extend to 15 days after ;)
    In order to give few time for crackers to find a way to activate Windows.

5. BERRY

BERRY MDL Novice

Jan 6, 2008
    Right click My Computer and then click manage. Double click Services and Applications. Then double click services. Double click software licensing and then select automatic and click start. aplly the change and click ok.
    then double click ReadyBoost and click automatic and then click start. apply the changes and click ok. now control panel should work. you can now check how the status of your activation by right clicking my computer and the clicking properties.