Please Help With Clean Install On Two Systems

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Three Lions, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Three Lions

Three Lions MDL Junior Member

Sep 20, 2013
    Hi, all
    I need some help & info please
    I have 2 laptops
    One with genuine windows 8 pro key + genuine wmc key
    The other kms activated then apply a second genuine wmc key
    So my problems are that i wish to apply the update that was release last week
    But my gen windows 8 pro laptop just keeps attempting to download the update but fails to install them ( i left it on over night & still no joy)
    So it seems that it would be best to do a clean install as ive read that seems to be the advice on this forum
    So can someone point me to the correct 64bit iso i need for that I`m in the uk
    I assume My genuine win8pro & wmc key will activate on-line (is that correct)

Now to the second Laptop thats kms activated for win 8 then apply gen wmc key
    when win 8.1 was release i follow advice from a member on-line & use default keys then got some data files when upgrading to win 8.1 via the store
    Then do a clean install of win 8.1 replace some system folders then apply gen wmc key to activate this all work
    So now i need a x86 iso for that machine & can someone point me in the right direction so i can do a clean install with the update 1 then how to replace the data files then i think it was use the command prompt
    to activate my gen wmc key
    So if some kind person could help me out & explain in step by step terms it would help a man who is very much a silver surfer as i`m in my late seventies
    so can someone point me to the 2 ISO i need
    And explain the process
    Thank you
    ThreeLions

2. l30

l30 GFX Wizard

Apr 14, 2014
    For ur first laptop which is OEM u need to follow
    forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/40897-Guide-to-preserve-Windows-8-x-OEM-Activation

And for second laptop which u wanted to Restore token.dat follow this
    forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/35737-GUIDE-How-to-backup-and-restore-Windows-8-activation

3. Three Lions

Three Lions MDL Junior Member

Sep 20, 2013
    Thanks for the info but my first laptop is not a OEM
    It use to have windows 7 on it & I got windows 8 pro at the offer price of £14:99
    Then done clean install with some help from members on this site