Plz help for ei.cfg

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by hexodark, Jun 6, 2013.

1. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    #41 Carlos Detweiller, Jun 9, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2013
    By checking the INSTALL.WIM, the Retail EULA (EULAID:Win_RM_2_CC_R_en-us) and the OEM EULA (EULAID:Win_RM_3_CC_O_en-us) are OK, just the Volume EULA (EULAID:Win_RC_3_CC_V_en-us) is from the Prerelease. Looks like it's a placeholder, only. This will likely be the same for other languages.

Yes, a normal customer will never see that, since Core/CoreSL isn't meant to be Volume-activated. For what reason GVLK keys exist I don't know, that's another story.

Edit: Checked the Core licenses inside the official MSDN ISO and the situation is exactly the same. The Volume EULA is from Prerelease.

2. Bytebuster

Bytebuster MDL Addicted

Apr 30, 2013
    Thanks Carlos

As it is for the en-US and NL (Dutch) languages I figure it will be the same for other languages. ..somehow this outdated 'EULA placeholder' 'annoys' me, lol :rolleyes:
    I was wondering about that myself but you are right, thats a totally different story. :D
    ...figures, seems MS getting lazy.
    Thank you Carlos, appreciate your input, ...learned something today. :worthy:

3. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    That's nothing new, the Win7 image shipped with Prerelease EULAs in it, too.

4. Bytebuster

Bytebuster MDL Addicted

Apr 30, 2013
    ah ok... Obviously I didn't know as I wouldn't have been surprised. 'Well... at least 'they' are consistant. :)