Poll "Will You Be Upgrading To Windows 11?"

Discussion in 'Windows 11' started by endbase, Aug 16, 2021.

?

Will You Be Upgrading To Windows 11 or Stay On Windows 10 ?

1. Yes

405 vote(s)
    42.8%
  2. No

310 vote(s)
    32.8%
  3. Maybe

231 vote(s)
    24.4%
    :D

1. testaccount66766

testaccount66766 MDL Novice

Oct 29, 2020
    :roll1:

2. NormalOsborn

NormalOsborn MDL Novice

May 2, 2018
    Maybe if:
    1. I'm not forced to clean-install every time a new build comes out, which AFAIK is still unclear.
    2. most major bugs are fixed.
    3. customising the taskbar becomes an option.
    4. they decided to get rid of the unnecessary, additional clicks.

3. boyonthebus

boyonthebus MDL Expert

Sep 16, 2018
    How can the poll be answered with a Yes or No? I am asked will I do A or B, then how can I answer Yes or No? This just doesn't make sense.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    Hahaha you're goddamn right.
    That's why I said I'll stay on Windows Meh
    :tooth:

5. Espionage724

Espionage724 MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2009
    How is it flawed? I've never heard any complaints about it prior to now and just assumed it was fine. Are they lying about Clang being used?

6. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    Changed the title but I can't change the poll somehow figures

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Cipher

Cipher MDL Member

May 31, 2008
    On the gaming PC - Yes, I don't see a reason not to.
    On the 24/7 daily driver - No I will stick with W10.

I would really like to switch to a Linux distro on the 24/7 PC to be honest.
    But it means dropping some applications I use which is a point of contention.
    Could use alternatives but it's a case of what you get use to, makes it harder.

8. GTK48

GTK48 MDL Senior Member

Jun 7, 2009
    I have been using it since it came out, not a single issue with it.

9. nosirrahx

nosirrahx MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2017
    I've been using it for a while now on a few systems and there is no way its going on any of my work systems. The 3 issues that annoy me on a regular basis seem to be permanent so that's pretty much it for me. Having to do 2 clicks to get to the real start menu, 2 clicks to get to the real context menu and forced task grouping add needless click for no tangible benefit.

I'll probably migrate to 11 on media PCs sometime around Intel gen 12/Zen 4.

10. Michel

Michel MDL Expert

Jul 29, 2009
    I just upgraded to linux, bye bye windows :Flush:

11. AeonX

AeonX MDL Addicted

May 24, 2013
    For games Windows 11 is unnecessary at the moment. Why not stay on Windows 10 on both?

I see no point in dual booting between Windows 11 and 10 if both are almost the same.

It would make more sense Win11 for games and Win7/8.1 for "24/7 daily driver".

EDIT: If you have 2 PC's then this makes sense :D

12. shrinivas

shrinivas MDL Member

Apr 10, 2015
    Great !
    I always have one install of Linux on a separate disk. For normal operations like browsing, files etc, Linux works well.
    But there is a learning curve, many VPNs can't be installed as programs, we have to use commands etc
    And for gaming, it is no-no, so I have heard !
    Regards

13. AeonX

AeonX MDL Addicted

May 24, 2013
    For those who don't want a touch screen oriented OS using old Windows or Linux are the only options.

14. Windows 11 is a shameless rip-off of KDE.

15. Espionage724

Espionage724 MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2009
    NetworkManager is on most distros and is GUI with a few different protocols, including WireGuard and OpenVPN.

16. The Martian

The Martian MDL Novice

Oct 1, 2018
    No, and no, maybe I will try some things with Windows 11 virtualized, but not on any production machines.
    Maybe in 2024-25 ... until then ... Windows 10, stable and working fine.

Any game that requires Windows 11 to run?, not a game for me. Any application that requires the CIA, FBI and NSA security requirements included in Windows 11? It is not an application for me, it is simple, the world changes and Microsoft is trying to stop the planet and push it in another direction?.

Sure I will mount a new machine to install Windows 11 but this will be in 2024-2026, my actual machines does not need Windows 11 so ... Family trying to swap Windows for MAC ...Oh no! Really? until then, Windows 15 will make its appearance with new security requirements. Windows will need a quantum machine with planetary gravitational radiation specs and biometric DNA data to connect to the internet, security first!!!. Dont forget your ID in front of your camera web!!, smile! Potaaaaatooooo.

17. AveYo

AveYo MDL Expert

Feb 10, 2009
    No need to dream about the future when the reality today is that a hardware fingerprinting device is getting pushed by the "billion devices" OS onto consumers.
    That's what TPM essentially does if you cut the layers of bulls**t around it. It's a hardware fingerprint. Literally.
    And sure, it can also help generate cryptographic keys used by other stuff such as Bitlocker drive encryption (which btw, offers zero protection against ms themselves and any actors they could "relinquish" the master keys).
    But it's main purpose is to help track you more accurately. Because HWIDs are not enough anymore due to virtualization and sandboxing being more accessible today.
    Enforcing TPM even for VMs should make it painfully obvious as to what purpose it serves.

18. MrAnalysis

MrAnalysis MDL Senior Member

Aug 4, 2012
    Yes, not right away. Maybe 1-2 months time after release on my main PC. Already have it on my laptop testing software all works and hardware devices i own. So far so good, but could always be issues with GPU drivers and some games, or general windows bugs that are irritating. Rather wait a little bit longer and have a good experience.

19. DavidinCT

DavidinCT MDL Addicted

May 9, 2015
    I might on my gaming machine(primary home PC) once I read the final release game numbers. Some of the past builds have shown close but, lower numbers (FPS)

I will update my office PC (I am a systems admin), after a solid backup. I will use for a few days and try to live with it a bit to get used to it.

Anyway about it, it's going to be Windows 11 going forward(we will be forced in time), so need to get some experience with it ASAP.