[POLL] Windows 8.1 gets better than 8?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by nexus76, Jun 27, 2013.

?

What do you think about the Windows 8.1 Preview?

1. Look & Feel is better than in Windows 8, I'm pretty impressed

59.0%
  2. Don't know what to think about Windows 8.1 Preview

6.2%
  3. Windows 8.1 Preview sucks, Microsoft did not understand us

27.5%
  4. Let's see, maybe it's getting better, the start button is a nice idea ; )

7.3%
  1. nosferati87

nosferati87 MDL Junior Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Having network issues, too. I did a fresh install. After booting I have internet access for 5-10 minutes then the connection drops and I need to restart to fix it. Disabling and reenabling the network adapter did help once but most of the time Device Manager just locks up.

2. dippyweb

dippyweb MDL Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Win 8.1 will be the best OS ever ;)

3. G0B1!N5486

G0B1!N5486 MDL Junior Member

Jun 18, 2011
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Ahmed Magdi

Ahmed Magdi MDL Novice

Apr 19, 2013
    i think its the best

5. warlordll

warlordll MDL Member

Apr 25, 2011
    Overall apart from a few minor problems at the start, a few days in and its working very nicely...no lag or anything my end..all my progs still work and it was fast to install. :)

6. Fast-007

Fast-007 MDL Novice

Jul 12, 2009
    #26 Fast-007, Jun 30, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2013
    if you are the one on the photo i would never let you fly a plane .. not even as a co-pilot .. LOL :D (it's a joke don't get angry) ...

i did a clean install and it recognize all my hardware whitout any problems (Windows 7 don't recognize my Ethernet with a clean install whithout a modded iso, but win8.1 does) and there are things that are very good , for example the 6.3 kernel who is very stable, all the system are rock solid .. but it still don't convince me, becuse there are things that i don't like for example the new start button is good and bad in the same time .. if you are new and want to use the calculator you can't find it ..it looks like Microsoft want's to hide everything so you only can use the metro apps ...

i never play in my computer but i installed Hitman Absolution just for test ,, and it didn't work, i also read that valve still recomend Windows 7 to play games .. and not only valve ...

this is the error:

Firma con problemas:
    Nombre del evento de problema:APPCRASH
    Nombre de la aplicación:HMA.exe
    Versión de la aplicación:1.0.446.0
    Marca de tiempo de la aplicación:50d07b11
    Nombre del módulo con errores:KERNEL32.DLL
    Versión del módulo con errores:6.3.9431.0
    Marca de tiempo del módulo con errores:51bcf794
    Código de excepción:c0000005
    Desplazamiento de excepción:00005e68
    Versión del sistema operativo:6.3.9431.2.0.0.256.48
    Id. de configuración regional:3082
    Información adicional 1:5861
    Información adicional 2:5861822e1919d7c014bbb064c64908b2
    Información adicional 3:d1dd
    Información adicional 4:d1ddfd876c031dbc33624d6cb06aba3f

7. free1975yuly

free1975yuly MDL Expert

Aug 24, 2011
    What you'll say when RTM will be available or with next Windows products?But I agree with you,for now :D

8. NiFu

NiFu MDL Member

Jun 29, 2013
    I also do these upgrades with no problems:
    • "Windows XP" to "Windows XP SP1" -> SP2 -> SP3
    • "Windows Vista" to "Windows Vista SP1" -> SP2
    • "Windows 7" to "Windows 7 SP1"
    In these cases I never do a fresh install.

And for me it's the same with "Windows 8" to "Windows 8.1"; only a service + feature upgrade pack.

9. win_seven

win_seven MDL Member

Aug 26, 2009
    I think also different on short living OS
    The final version will be released in about a month
    as wondows 8 because of constraints econoniques
    (be ready three months before Christmas) we can say that this version is not very far from the final version.

10. Dutchman01

Dutchman01 MDL Member

Sep 6, 2007
    I still don't like it at all, Windows 7 is so much better on desktop look and feel.

Windows 8 and 8.1 stays a fail in my opinion.

Also the start button without menu still stays a joke.

11. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    Metro side has been improved, settings especially, but I don't use Metro, so not a lot has changed for me

12. Lich King

Lich King MDL Addicted

Sep 24, 2009
    Lol, sometimes I forget if there is any metro.. :p

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  13. anarchist9027

anarchist9027 MDL Expert

Oct 30, 2010
    Regardless of this "Service Pack" like update, Windows 7 is still my solid OS and I feel I'll be rocking it 10 years from now like the people that are rocking Windows XP today :spoton:

I just don't like the feel of the "New" Windows but thats just me.....

14. LQQL

LQQL MDL Addicted

Apr 21, 2009
    Exactly! ^^ Did the same dumb mistake! As always it got too excited. ;D

I'm going to do a fresh install today.

15. mohamedkamel

mohamedkamel MDL Addicted

Jul 5, 2011
    That's what I believe too :)
    I have a system image of Windows 7. I tried Windows 8 and after a while I didn't like it compared to 7, so, I went back to 7. I tried 8.1 and I didn't like it and again went back to 7, but as we all believe 8.1 is not final yet. Finally, 8.1 RTM still have a try from me, after that I will decide which OS I will stick to.

So, Windows 7 rocks all - TILL NOW - :)

16. mohamedkamel

mohamedkamel MDL Addicted

Jul 5, 2011
    I like Windows 7 and it's my main OS till now.

I agree with you re 8, but you can't judge 8.1 at the moment. You can give your final opinion based on a real experience based on testing 8.1 RTM.

The start BUTTON is a big laugh from M$ at it's users. That's how I see it and really I was shocked when I first saw it.

17. eydee

eydee Guest

No, it's not just you. It's like everyone except for a few fans on these forums.

18. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Everybody will and has the own personal view and that's an objective view for that person only! Others having different views and that's good so!

Question would be: could the OS/Apps do what I expect and need it for or will it not?! That has nothing to do with to be an Fan or whatsoever!

It is as all times, special with MS OS's: First yelling for a change, the change is done, now yelling to get the old back! And for sure the Complaints from those who all times complaining, even if they never used that OS'Apps!

Sure, not everything is good, OK or whatsoever, that's just normal. There some or even a lot of bugs and errors and we all know that would! Also that not everybody will like some or a lot of the changes done by developer, is very normal! So, why complaining and not stop using that peace which bothers you? Nobody forces you to use it, it's just you own will! Also the developer didn't forces you to use or to buy the that peace of "Crap" and special if you use it totally for FREE, in what way ever (legal, illegal, pirated etc.) it's just according to your own will if you use it! Nobody has anything against fundamental critic and even the developer ask you for your critics on an fundamental and polite way and even tells you: If you din't like it, didn't use it! Conclusion should be to follow that advice, stop using it and delete it from your machine! Period!

19. eydee

eydee Guest

No need to jump to defensive position. The personal view/tase/opinion of a lot of people is called statistics. Google "windows 8 adoption rate" and compare the result with the result of this poll. There you'll see what I was talking about.

20. Garbellano

Garbellano MDL Addicted

Aug 13, 2012
    more reports (nsa included?), more drm. And you still think this is better than 8?.