Pop Up Blocker wanted...

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by ThomasMann, Nov 2, 2016.

1. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Yeah well you should have contacted admin instead of posting on public forum or just select Private Messaging off in your settings.

2. Super Spartan

Super Spartan MDL Expert

May 30, 2014
    That's why I had my PM disabled and now I enabled it but set it to accept PMs from friends only

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. wazzock

wazzock MDL Senior Member

Oct 22, 2016
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    That's all you have to say??

Private messaging sometimes is needed for PRIVATE messages! The naming PRIVATE just tells what it is for, or am I wrong? Please enlighten me!

If a User already has open a Topic about looking for help, an action this and most other forum are build and run for, that user has started a public process. Picking one of the users, who might have the knowledge, for a special PRIVATE help, show ignorance about the used system is all about, and also not like to have others also get the same help/info/whatsoever he's looking for! That's simple egoism! If that user like to get such help, he should simply contact the developer of the apps etc. in question!

That I didn't like such way asking for help, which clearly against this forum (to stay just on MDL!) is run for, is part of my use of the Forum (MDL) and it's rules, to which I abide fully! From my point of view, my post (post #19) posted openly on this public topic, is the correct place to bee! The advice to turn off the Private Messenger, si simply outraged!

Have a nice day!

5. OldMX

OldMX MDL Addicted

Jul 30, 2009
    pisthai you need to stop being a douche and grow up tha same goes for Phoenix, you guys are the cancer of this forum.

6. Dark Knight

Dark Knight MDL Senior Member

Jul 14, 2013
    :worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy:

Congratulations! someone finally said it!

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

That's one of the main reasons I don't participate too much here. All the genitalia waving that goes on around here makes one sick and the moderation is atrocious.

7. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    @ pisthai, yes I totally agree discussions should be on forum so others can help, but you bring Private Message problems on to open forum they are supposed to be Private

Do you think you are the only person who gets P.M's asking for help, I help if I can but if there is ongoing discussion on the subject then I just answer back via P.M. and advise to carry on the discussion on forum the more members who see the problem or question the better more help available in numbers..

8. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    As I wrote, a Public Forum for to help others is simply for just that: Public Help.

That didn't only mean that others' could help too, it also mean that other, with similar problems would also get the maybe needed help!

Regarding the PM of the OP, I gave an answer already, it just didn't does stop there, that's exactly what I didn't like! Beside of that, we've limited space on Messenger too! And I've to have a close look at the messenger account to keep it open for working. Really private messages I copy to my desktop and keep the Messenger clean while delete those from there. Others, I also delete every few days!

What other way I have to make my stand clear that I didn't want to use the private Messenger for public help? Report to the Admin? Nada, that wouldn't help at all, reports to Admin and staff mainly didn't get answered at all! The way I go is, inform the PM poster at last that I'll send my answer (whatever it is) on Public Forum in the relate thread! And that way I'll not change. If there any member would really talk 'private' to me, they could simply send their e-mail address and ask for to be contacted that way, and it would be up to me to accept or not.
    Just, if a member already opened a thread for help and at that time he/she also ask for private help via messenger, that's everything but appropriate! Such some count of PM's were also going that far for to ask of Software and product keys for it (or: pirated/cracked etc.) and got nasty if I wasn't follow up with those!

That said, the simple fact is, I'm very less patient with such 'Request's', and that will not change! Till now I never reported such 'Request's', just that would be the move the next one is coming!

Have a nice day!

9. amajmon

amajmon MDL Senior Member

Sep 21, 2012
  10. windsman

windsman MDL Expert

Jan 11, 2010
    @amajmon

What a real popup blocker army you're using, honesty it's overkill, try to just keep adguard for blocking popup and disable the others, your web pages are going faster.

11. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    @ pisthai, you said it you will not change so no point of even having discussion as you will never back down.