Portable Firefox 3.5 (hangs 2-3 seconds every 2-3 mins)

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by snegithan, Sep 14, 2009.

1. snegithan

snegithan MDL Novice

Aug 30, 2009
    Hi All,

As i mentioned in the subject the portable firefox 3.5 keep hanging 2-3 seconds every 2-3 mins. I am running it on my sandisk pendrive. Before i make a switch to firefox 3.5, i was using firefox 3.0.x and its works fine for me. i disabled the session restore through the about:config but somehow the "undo closed tab" feature was not disabled. I believe that is component which writes to the disk every 1-2 mins about the current sessions. Anyone have any idea on how could i disable this feature? or please share with me if u have other workaround to fix the problem.

ps: "undo closed tab" feature will be disabled when session restore is set to false on firefox 3.0.x but not with firefox 3.5

2. Joe42

Joe42 MDL Novice

Sep 8, 2009
    Are you positive it's Firefox that's causing the hanging?

Are you using Tab Mix Plus and/or Session Manager extensions? If so, uninstall Session Manager extension or disable Tab Mix Plus's session manager feature.

I've been using Firefox Portable for years now from flashdrive and my hard drive and never experienced your problem.

You might look at the following in about:config, maybe set them both to zero or one.

browser.sessionstore.max_tabs_undo
    browser.sessionstore.max_windows_undo