Portable ISO Creator

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by WinFree, Aug 29, 2016.

1. WinFree

WinFree MDL Senior Member

Aug 6, 2016
    Is there any Portable ISO creator? Where can I find it?

2. ofernandofilo

ofernandofilo MDL Member

Sep 26, 2015
    #2 ofernandofilo, Aug 29, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ofernandofilo

ofernandofilo MDL Member

Sep 26, 2015
    I just test the tool on Windows 7 64-bit: it worked. Maybe you need to run as administrator tool to copy some folders.

cheers

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. WinFree

Aug 6, 2016
    I'm running it as Administrator and still don't work. Do you know any other Portable software working with Windows 10?

5. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    #6 kaljukass, Aug 29, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
    With a sense of a portable ISO Creator? What do you really want? Is a portable program that will make iso files?
    An ISO image is an archive file of an optical disc, a type of disk image composed of the data contents from every written sector on an optical disc,
    including the optical disc file system. ISO image files usually have a file extension of .iso. The name ISO is taken from the ISO 9660 file system
    used with CD-ROM media, but what is known as an ISO image might also contain a UDF (ISO/IEC 13346) file system (commonly used by DVDs
    and Blu-ray Discs).

ISO images can be created from optical discs by disk imaging software, or from a collection of files by optical disc authoring software, or from a
    different disk image file by means of conversion. Software distributed on bootable discs is often available for download in ISO image format.
    And like any other ISO image, it may be written to an optical disc such as CD or DVD.

6. WinFree

Aug 6, 2016
    Yes. I wan't a portable program that make folders to ISO.

7. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    In this case, I can not understand why these do not fit with what has been already offered.
    Just I tested, working perfectly.

8. WinFree

Aug 6, 2016
    #9 WinFree, Aug 30, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
    (OP)
    I tested Folder2ISO. When I try to convert and export it to another folder nothing shows up. Have you tried Folder2ISO? What OS did you tried it on?

EDIT: Just tried out imgburn portable and it worked :)

9. mojaveron

mojaveron MDL Novice

Jun 25, 2010
    #10 mojaveron, Sep 1, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
    Windows Bootable ISO Creator portable, I have used it a few times with no problems.

Windows Bootable ISO Creator is a lightweight software application whose purpose is to help you create and burn bootable ISO images from Windows setup files. It is able to work with the following operating systems: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, and 10, both 32-bit and 64-bit.

you can find it at SOFTPEDIA