Portable Windows DP's Problem!

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by TulTang, Oct 14, 2011.

1. TulTang

TulTang MDL Novice

Jul 31, 2011
    I am not sure to name the title. However I have created a Portable Windows DP in VHD using PWBoot 3.0.2. which could plug to boot any computer via USB to be my Windows DP. My problems were...

1. Every time I booted this Portable Windows DP, I have to activate WDP using a license key (of cause I know its license key) that was very annoying. (WDP has auto-detected new hardware and asking for new activation.)

2. Because of auto-detection, WDP will set a new internet connection (I am not sure what it's called). When I went back to boot my WDP from computer using my WDP once, it could not auto create internet connection any more cause I could not connect to the internet.
    Is there any way to solve these? :rocket:

Thank you in advance.

2. TulTang

TulTang MDL Novice

Jul 31, 2011
    No reply! :wassat:

I have afraid that I have to follow my plan...differencing disk for each entry.

Thank you any way.

3. Javmiller

Javmiller MDL Novice

Jan 27, 2012
    I have had this happen to me with a portable hard drive. It was recommended to me to run a program before shutting down so that it would be safe to boot from another computer. Unfortuantly, it did the same thing that is happening to you to me. I stopped using this program and only used the port. hd on one computer and it stopped doing that.
    The program was this: "C:\Windows\System32\Sysprep\sysprep.exe"
    Are you using this to shutdown? If so, it is nessecary if you plan to unplug the Port. HD, but if not this doesn't need to be ran and you can shutdown normally.

4. TulTang

TulTang MDL Novice

Jul 31, 2011
    I've never try sysprep because I think it would take long time startup in new hardware. Thank you for suggestion, I will try using sysprep without oobe (and other options to save boot time).