Possibility that Build 10120 will release/leak VERY SOON!

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Yaniv, May 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. potjevleesch

potjevleesch MDL Addicted

Aug 7, 2010
    who cares after all ?

2. shawnmos

shawnmos MDL Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Do we have a section for windows phone? Against my best judgment installing build 10080 on my Lumia Icon. I installed the last preview on my old Lumia 928 and it as very laggy. Hoping it won't be as noticeable with my faster Icon.

3. Scary674

Scary674 MDL Junior Member

Mar 23, 2008
    the day is never to end!? so wait for more news... it could bet for pc too :D

4. orlaf

orlaf MDL Addicted

Jan 22, 2015
    #25 orlaf, May 14, 2015
    Last edited: May 14, 2015
    It would be better to sit quietly waiting for reliable information, instead of creating (and closing) 100,000 new threads for similar baloney.

5. SNaRe

SNaRe MDL Senior Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Even the possibility of having a new Windows build cause to be a thread with 3 pages at least.
    Take it easy guys.

6. orlaf

orlaf MDL Addicted

Jan 22, 2015
  7. Chris123NT

Chris123NT MDL Expert

Oct 23, 2010
    If I had a nickel for every time wzor was wrong I'd be having lunch with Bill Gates right now.

8. DavidinCT

DavidinCT MDL Addicted

May 9, 2015
    Yea, it's for Windows Phone, I have a Nokia ICON and it's saying a update is a available (No Win 10 for the ICON till today)...and it's showing Windows 10 preview..

Finally I can check it out on my phone...

9. burfadel

burfadel MDL EXE>MSP/CAB

Aug 19, 2009
    #31 burfadel, May 14, 2015
    Yes, hopefully it will be faster. Windows 10 Phone is meant to be faster on all devices than 8.1, but currently it is slower. I guess they concentrated on the core changes before optimisations, but the slowness of the previous build wasn't exactly 'acceptable'!

I just hope they fixed the constant crashing issue of apps, the laggyness of everyday functions including wordflow (which can also induce crashes), the slowness of showing the start screen with the dreaded 'resuming' when going back to it, and fix the issue with the alarms :).

If you have had a problem with apps not reinstalling properly etc, there is a 'cheat' way around this.
    • first, make a backup if you haven't already (should be automatic daily anyway)
    • install the new Windows 10 phone update
    • once back installed, immediately reset the phone

If you update to Windows 10 it tries to carry over the existing information as much as possible, this is currently broken. It can make for a few little annoyances and apps not working, and apparently it is the same with this build. If you do the above, it doesn't try to do this, it essentially 'wipes' the phone clean and starts from scratch. If you have made a backup, when you log in at the phone setup, it will carry over all your information, apps etc, and download and install them once the phone is reset. So, you still have everything, but the phone is starting from essentially a clean slate.

Just whatever you do, don't stuff up the backup system :).

Also remember when restoring to have mobile data turned off and wifi turned on, and that you connect to a reliable, fast net connection. If the wifi connection drops when you are restoring, the restore will error out and just continue installing on the phone (instead of offering a retry), which means that something won't be set up right once installed. I've given feedback to Microsoft that instead of just stopping at 40 percent restore or whatever, that a 'retry' option should be given in case this happens.

EDIT: It seems they just added this feature. Phone came up with 'try again', so once the wifi connection is reestablished you're all good! Of course, ideally you shouldn't see this screen in the first place. It seems the only time my connection actually drops is when I'm restoring the phone! Actually I keep an eye on it, it may disconnect probably twice a day if I'm using it 'heavily' with P2P etc, but it can drop out even when it is not being used. I might have come across a solution for this, which I'll try out next week and let people know how it went.

Anyways, the reason why you want to turn off phone data when installing the apps is 'just in case' there is a setting anomaly and the install updates only over wifi isn't set correctly. Don't want to chew through your data redownloading your apps. Keep in mind that the full reset option I mentioned above will take a while, since it has to redownload and install each one. The list of apps you have installed is kept as part of your backup, but the actual apps aren't backed up.

10. DiamondMon

DiamondMon MDL Addicted

Jul 31, 2009
    Is the "Check for Updates" botton like a money banner on the market site (M/ther F/cker :() ) August guys, august!!! WTF!

11. dion13

dion13 MDL Novice

Aug 4, 2009
    #33 dion13, May 14, 2015
    Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 10120: Breaking Сhanges

http: // wzor.net / 39566.html

also

http: // wzascok . livejournal . com

12. orlaf

orlaf MDL Addicted

Jan 22, 2015
    Well, this is a hope that is worth opening a thread.

13. Zanarkand

Zanarkand MDL Novice

Jul 16, 2009
    It's funny and also very true that we're only Insiders because of Wzor and their leaks. They're the ones who let us try and test new builds like a true insider should do.

14. orlaf

orlaf MDL Addicted

Jan 22, 2015
    Insiders Program = Marketing

Not more not less

15. Chris123NT

Chris123NT MDL Expert

Oct 23, 2010
    BINGO. Been saying this the whole time, the stupid lab names for external releases and the whole program itself are a marketing stunt. At least it's better than what we got in the Hitl....er Sinofsky days.

16. orlaf

orlaf MDL Addicted

Jan 22, 2015
    #39 orlaf, May 15, 2015
    Last edited: May 15, 2015
    For me it started to become clear when the release of builds is slowed down, or when the functionality easier to implement were snubbed.

Now all pray for a iso, and write hundreds and hundreds of feedback to get a couple of decent icons.

17. WildByDesign

WildByDesign MDL Addicted

Sep 8, 2013
    We've been bamboozled! :eek:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...