Possible to clean install from OEM SLIC activated win 7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by sniperdude, Sep 24, 2015.

1. sniperdude

sniperdude MDL Novice

Nov 22, 2009
    Hi

I have been using win7 RTM thats been activated via BIOS SILC table and cert
    I can upgrade to 10 and its activated fine BUT I am wanting to do a totaly clean install

Tried it today and it wouldn't activate after the clean install

Is their a way I can do this so I end up with a activated win 10 thats clean?

2. odiebugs1

odiebugs1 MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2015
    #2 odiebugs1, Sep 24, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
    If you didn't see any errors such as key blocked, you should have waited, as it can take time. If you have reverted to 7, then just use this, here the info is under upgrade problems 1aa.
    You can use genuine ticket on win 7 and go to clean installing and skip the upgrade.

If you are still on the clean install you can reboot a few times and then open CMD as admin and run -" slmgr.vbs /ato " .

P.S. If you upgrade, you can also perform a windows reset, remove everything, this is the same as a clean install.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Drexl

Drexl MDL Junior Member

Aug 9, 2007
    Unless it just happened to activate at that moment, I found that visiting the Store while logged in as an admin caused my clean install to get activated. I don't remember how long it had been since I had installed, probably a few hours. You don't have to click on anything in there; just open the Store app and close it.

4. sniperdude

sniperdude MDL Novice

Nov 22, 2009
    To be honest I used the genuine ticket methord first and it didnt activate with that.

then I reinstalled 7 and upgraded it activated right away.

clean installed then after about 4 hours was still not activated.

PS I did visit the store and nothing happend ......except ms tried to sell me the OS lol

5. ini

ini MDL Novice

May 24, 2015
    Go ahead and do a clean install, Windows 10 will activate automatically after clean install once you connected to internet. Best way - stay connected to internet via LAN while installing Windows 10, it will automatically activate once installation finished.