Possible to Do a Legal Install of windows_7_ultimate_n With a Standard Pro License?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Durga, Jul 10, 2015.

1. Durga

Durga MDL Junior Member

Jun 26, 2015
    I had an OEM install of Windows 7 Pro. From information on this forum, and using SLIC Toolkit, I managed to get an properly activated (so legal) install of "en_windows_7_professional_with_sp1_x64_dvd_u_676939".

Now I've found a source for "en_windows_7_ultimate_n_with_sp1_x64_dvd_u_677543.iso". As far as I am aware the "n" part of that iso name means that Windows Media Player won't be installed. This is something that I might like. So my questions are:

1) Would it be possible to get that Ultimate iso to install Windows Professional by deleting the ie.cfg file out of the iso (or by modifying the iso using "ei.cfg Removal Utility"?

2) If that is possible can the resulting installation of, effectively, a "Professional N" installation be fully and legally activated by using my existing "Professional non-N" license key and cert.?

3) Are there any known problems with using an "N" system? (For example codecs missing and so on. Really I'm maybe asking for more detail on what doesn't get installed on an "N" system, and if any of that can break the system for normal use.)

2. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Durga

Durga MDL Junior Member

Jun 26, 2015
    Many thanks for responding but I'm not much of geek. I read the thread you link to but it doesn't say anything about license keys in that thread. So does what you are saying mean I can, or cannot, use the same license details I already have for non-n Pro?

One last question on this. If I can't use my non-n license details would using DAZ Loader get around that problem?

4. s1ave77

Aug 15, 2012
    You can't use your keys on N versions.

Loader Support List:

• Windows 7 Ultimate
    • Windows 7 Ultimate E
    • Windows 7 Professional
    • Windows 7 Professional E
    • Windows 7 Home Premium
    • Windows 7 Home Premium E
    • Windows 7 Home Basic
    • Windows 7 Starter
    • Windows 7 Starter E

No N versions :cool2:.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Durga

Durga MDL Junior Member

Jun 26, 2015
    Okay s1ave77. Thanks very much for taking the trouble to respond, and for being patient - much appreciated.

6. s1ave77

Aug 15, 2012
    Wasn't that demanding at all :D. So feel welcome.