Possible to make a pro install like home premium?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by ryouga, Mar 15, 2016.

1. ryouga

ryouga MDL Member

Apr 15, 2008
    Sorry had limitations on words in title.

What I mean is 2 things mainly, I am happy with home premium for the most part but may upgrade to 32 gig ram in future, secondly is that integrated updated isos for home premium are getting rarer and pro is common.

So I want to make it so it only installs features available on home premium except maybe the higher ram limit, also its good as I have a few spare pro keys I got and they are easier to find online cheap if I need more.

So first is it possible? Second if so will it theoretically break it?

2. hearywarlot

hearywarlot MDL Member

Jul 31, 2015
    Windows 7 Pro has usually multiple versions, you can activate when remove oe.cfg

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. MysTikAL3

MysTikAL3 MDL Senior Member

Jul 15, 2013
  4. ryouga

ryouga MDL Member

Apr 15, 2008
    Already have a SSD and a beefy pc it was more I am trying to keep install size down by not installing things I will never use its more I prefer to have things like extra ram just in case as some modern games use a lot of ram like Arkham Knight.

I can handle a few extra things installed if it makes zero difference to install size or process use(so its more that if you turn the feature on only on does it use space and resources no matter how small)