Possible To Make Bloat Free CD From Recovery CDs?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by DasFox, Feb 21, 2010.

1. kukubau

kukubau MDL Addicted

Dec 15, 2008
    #21 kukubau, Feb 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  2. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    Dasfox, how many threads have you started trying to figure out what you need?

You don't need remove wat because you have a legitimate SLIC/SLP activation. Just backup your existing factory activation, clean install and reactivate.

You CAN make a dvd with your OEM SLP data to automate installation.

Yes, that digital river ISO will work, just delete the ei.cfg

Yes those digital river links are legit.

You can install any key you want, oem, retail, whatever as long as it is rtm or later and matches the version you installed. Removing ei.cfg will not effect this (but remove it anyway).

No offense intended dude but it is hard to help you if you skip from topic to topic basically wanting to know that same things. Just stick with one thread in the future until you successfully complete the task at hand. It's either that or change your handle to ricochet rabbit.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. DasFox

DasFox MDL Member

Feb 19, 2010

The RemoveWAT thread was not intended for me. I wanted to know that in case some people I know need a copy I can give them one, not me. ;)

As far as everything else, I got it. I installed my recovery software and used the SLIC dump toolkit to pull up my key and cert and I installed the Pro iso off DigitalRiver removing the ei.cfg and I put my key and cert back.

SORRY if the other posts didn't seem appropriate, I just had different questions, thinking they all needed their own posts...

PEACE :)

4. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    They were all appropriate, but would have been nice if packaged in one thread. Every question was related and could have been easely handled in one thread.

Glad you got it fixed though.

GL Ricochet.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
  6. Hazar

Hazar MDL Guru

Jul 29, 2009
    The whole idea for a COA is to activate if you reinstalled, because people aren't meant to know about SLP 2.1 (too complex and technical for end user)

Put in your key and cert, activated legally and instantly and no need to phone your OEM for hours.

7. DasFox

DasFox MDL Member

Feb 19, 2010
    Well all done now and I just installed my avatar... :)

Thanks too Hazar...

P.S. Not to technical for me, hehe... ;)

8. redmicro1

redmicro1 MDL Novice

Mar 9, 2010
    lol if u got the right cert for ur pc u should not have to actvait it it will do it self i know i gust done it gust like the old xp cd that use to come with pc