Post install WIM script viewer

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by freefly_freefall, Sep 23, 2017.

1. freefly_freefall

freefly_freefall MDL Novice

Oct 3, 2015
    Some time ago I seem to recall having a piece of software that could read post install scripts from a customised WIM/ESD file (e.g. Remove One Drive completely from Windows 10), possibly located in an autounattend.xml inside the WIM itself. I dont believe it was NTLite as it wasn't preset preferences, but runonce scripts and from what I can recall an example WIM had comments in place.

For the life of me I can't recall what software I was using. Could anyone offer any advice.

Thank you.

2. freefly_freefall

Oct 3, 2015
    Some further information. I've realised it was setupcomplete.cmd it was reading from the ISO not the WIM. Another somewhat odd aspect is I usually install via WinNTsetup which uses WIMs directly, I'm unsure how it finds the setupcomplete.cmd located in the $oem$ directory when given just a bare WIM file?

3. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Maybe it found it inside the wim? Open the wim using 7z and browse to "install.wim\windows\setup\scripts\".

4. freefly_freefall

Oct 3, 2015
    Thank you for your help Enthousiast. I could only see the state.ini and folder inside the WIM, perhaps WinNTsetup searches for an $oem$ directory and applies any scripts found in there.

5. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    If there is no scripts folder in the wim, it must be the one from the oem folder inside sources on the iso.
    Windows copies the content of the oem folder during setup, winntsetup doesn't have to do that.

6. freefly_freefall

Oct 3, 2015
    Understood. Using this logic, said scripts wouldnt be applied if the WIM was isolated from the ISO and used in WinNTsetup in isolation? Am I correct in this belief?

7. freefly_freefall

Oct 3, 2015
    On closer inspection, it may actually have been the post install section of NTlite I was thinking of. But presently this isnt showing any scripts from my custom WIM file even though they're present in the $oem$ folder.