preinstalled software =(

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by qazxsw, Jan 1, 2008.

1. qazxsw

qazxsw MDL Novice

Jan 1, 2008
    #1 qazxsw, Jan 1, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2008
    problem solved

2. myglamorf

myglamorf MDL Novice

Dec 28, 2007
    Uninstaller Software

You could try uninstaller software,I have used uninstaller 2008 without problems.There is a free one called Revo Uninstaller,U might want to try.

3. Cythrawl

Cythrawl MDL Junior Member

May 12, 2007
    #3 Cythrawl, Jan 2, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2008
    Here is what I would do. It works and I just recently did this with my Wife's HP Notebook.

Get hold of Windows RTM (32 bit or 64 bit, it doesnt matter), via fair means or foul (well in this case its not really foul as you DO have a Vista Licence Key). It would also be a good idea to get all the drivers for your notebook from the MFG's Support page (again choose 32 or 64 bit) and maybe put them all on a 2gb Pen Drive or burn them to a CD.

Repartition the drive (get rid of any backup partitions). Format the drive and install Vista using the Key on the underside of the Laptop. The key should activate your version of Windows. Like I said I just recently did this with my wifes notebook. I changed the version from 32-bit to 64-bit and used the same OEM key supplied by the MFG. That way you have a clean windows install and you can then add whatever the hell you want to it.

Oh and a good idea is this. Once you have it all set up install Acronis True Image 11 and make a backup partition and image your system to that. Install the Acronis Startup manager and if you press F11 on boot you can do a system restore. (which is why I said repartition the drive). After you have installed the Startup Manager you can then uninstall Acronis True Image from windows as you can do everything from the startup Manager.

4. qazxsw

qazxsw MDL Novice

Jan 1, 2008
    #4 qazxsw, Jan 2, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2008
    (OP)
    problem solved

5. larry321

larry321 MDL Novice

Nov 7, 2007
    Vista OEM Install

Here is what I did and it works perfectly
    1. Get any Vista retail install DVD. My store bought DVD came with all versions on it
    2. Get OEM Royality key and License for your brand. Available in data folders for Bios soft mods.
    3. Install Vista, when asked for Key, If you want Ultimate, use Ultimate key etc.
    4. When loaded, You see 30 days to activate. Then follow instructions to install your license file, (run as administrator, slvmgr.vbs -ilc x:\yourbrand.xms-ms)
    5.Should be activated now. enjoy

There are also instructions available for the easy modification of the DVD to make it a oem disk.