Previously activated and now 'not genuine'

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by truckid, Jun 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. truckid

truckid MDL Novice

Jan 1, 2009
    I have a Gigabyte H55-U2D MB and used info/downloads from the below post to mod bios, install cert and used OEM key.

I cant post URL links yet so had to remove them from post:
    '02-14-2010 02:42 AM #13242
    gwrench
    Quote Originally Posted by amdddd View Post
    please Mod bios for windows 7
    -Motherboard : Gigabyte H55M-UD2H
    -Bios Revision : F7 (new)
    -Bios Type : AWARD
    -Bios SLIC : 2.1 (Gigabyte or Dell)
    -Bios Link :
    thanks for advance
    Motherboard : Gigabyte GA-H55M-UD2H
    BIOS Version : F7
    BIOS Type : Award
    SLP : Dell
    SLIC : Dell
    Method : SSV3
    Modified BIOS Link :
    Modified by : gwrench
    Certificate Included : Yes
    Tool : With Award BIOS Mod Tool v1.33 by AndyP

This has been working fine for a couple of months, but have recently got a 'Windows Not Genuine' error. I revisted the readme and textfiles from the download, uninstalled the current key and tried with another Dell Ultimate OEM key ( slmgr.vbs -upk/slmgr.vbs -ipk ).

I reboot after installing the new key, however, I still have the same error.

Does anyone please have some info on what I could be doing wrong ? I'ved just noticed that Windows activation (from System) states that I must activate today, does that mean I lose access to my system completely soon ?

2. truckid

truckid MDL Novice

Jan 1, 2009
    Attached

Hi,

Please find attached, SLIC Toolkit seems to report its all ok ?

Attached Files:

3. iNO12

iNO12 MDL Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Looked at the screenshot and your activation seems to be fine, not quite sure what would flag it as non-genuine. Have you tried validating again? :)

4. NoJuan999

NoJuan999 Experienced SLIC Tool Operator

Jul 31, 2009
    iNO12,
    He said he just installed the DELL Key so he probably had the OLD Lenovo Key installed before and got flagged for that.
    If he re-validates at M$ he should be fine now.

5. iNO12

iNO12 MDL Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Ah yes, that is true. Didn't think of that. In which case truckid just re-validate on the MS site and all should be fine (hopefully). :)

6. truckid

truckid MDL Novice

Jan 1, 2009
    not genuine

Yep, tried to validate but it keeps coming back as not genuine

Went to the ms genuine url suggested above, it run a small addon in Internet Explorer and came back with the same 'Windows running on this pc is not genuine.

Is there anything else I can check ? My first attempt at resolving it, by uninstalling and installing a new product key - I thought that would have solved it but obviously didnt. I am using remote desktop to access that pc, not that that should make any difference.

7. truckid

truckid MDL Novice

Jan 1, 2009
    I cant be 100% sure on which key it was, but I think it was a Sony OEM key.

What I can be sure of is that it was not the Lenovo key. I initially followed info in the sticky posting 'Not genuine after KB971033 update? Read this!' and the value of the line 'Partial Product Key' was NOT 'PMJBM' - i.e. not the blacklisted Lenovo key.

8. truckid

truckid MDL Novice

Jan 1, 2009
    Also noticed that when I updated my key and I tried to validate, I ended up download and running a MS file called 'WindowsActivationUpdate.exe'. Its got a file version of 7.1.7600.16395 and a size of 155Kb.

9. trolltamer2

trolltamer2 MDL Junior Member

Jun 5, 2007
    The install DVD? where did you get it from ? if its a "pre activated" or BIE one that may cause the problem! Run Daz's loader and uninstall any loaders that might be there if that is the case! then try to validate again.

10. truckid

truckid MDL Novice

Jan 1, 2009
    Getting frustrated I tried validation again and this time it work !?!?

I hadn't changed anything from a few minutes ago when I tried to validate and it failed. Very strange.

Anyway, it seems to be working fine (for now). Is there a generic loader check I can run to see if there are any other potential loaders running ?

Thanks alot guys (or gals), it had been frustrating me for days. A re-install and configuration would have cost me hours/days

11. JoneKone

JoneKone MDL Novice

Jun 23, 2010
    I think i have the same isue,
    hxxp://ahml.dy.fi/~jone/slictool.png

Have tried. 6. F-a. Install a certificate and F-b. Install a key

My dvd was prevalidatet (dunno what program) and after this weekend not genuine anymore. I do have the dvd, bud can't figure out where to look for my validator