printer drivers unrecognized

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by bullbob, Jul 8, 2011.

1. bullbob

bullbob MDL Novice

Jul 8, 2011
    I have been having multiple possibly/probably interrelated problems printing from my DELL 1525 laptop with my HP Officejet 6000 Wireless. I have downloaded from the HP site and installed drivers. When I connect the printer and my laptop with a USB cable, I am told that the printer is recognized and the software is more up-to-date than what is on the installation disk. But, everywhere the driver question comes up--including the information in the Device Manager--, the report is that there are no drivers installed! And, while I'm mentioning Device Driver, can anyone tell me why the entry for the printer appears SEVEN times, each with the little yellow triangle with the exclamation mark in it! Each of those entries says there are no drivers installed. Another facet of this just occurred a few minutes ago: On the Embedded Web Server, the printer status is "ready". When I look at the printer information on the page that comes up when I click on "print", the printer status is either "error" or "offline"! Enough already. By the way, I spent at least 10 hours following the instructions of the HP techs but the problem of just printing something wirelessly, persists. Thanks for any suggestions!

2. x86

x86 MDL Addicted

Jul 8, 2011
    You have PM & my wishes for best of luck ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...