Printer Drivers

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by stephenjones007, Feb 17, 2015.

1. stephenjones007

stephenjones007 MDL Novice

Aug 2, 2011
    I am setting up a brand new officejet pro 8610 via usb, once I reach the stage where the software asks to connect the usb, I notice in the lower right next to the time, the device installation starts. Upon clicking on it, I see drivers being search for by windows updates, then one of them fails with a red x. After this the hp software now tells me the install was unsuccessful. Is the point of the software not to install the drivers or am I missing something? Any workarounds for this? I am now getting into tech stuff so any explanations into what happens there when the device is plugged in would be helpful. I tried first from the original cd and also using the latest download from hp. Using Windows 7 Home Premium x64.

2. hildegardgruener

hildegardgruener MDL Novice

Mar 9, 2015
    You can easily resolve printer driver problems using a reliable driver management tool. Open your driver management tool’s user interface, and click the SCAN button. The software will automatically identify your printer, locate the latest printer driver for your printer in its database, and install it.

3. Zamber

Zamber MDL Member

Jan 9, 2015
    Try any of drivers software Driver Genius etc.

4. stephenjones007

stephenjones007 MDL Novice

Aug 2, 2011
    Thanks guys. Unfortunately none of the above works. Is there a log I can view to see why the install fails which searching windows updates upon plugging in the usb printer cable?

5. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    #7 LatinMcG, Jun 8, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2015
    its an HP and possibly .Net issue in win 8.1

try refresh or create new admin user and delete old after transferring your files from old to new

also uninstall bing bar.. hp installer has it.