Private Winten - Open Source Windows 10 privacy tool with built in Firewall

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by DavidXanatos, Dec 23, 2018.

1. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller MDL Spinning Tortoise

Dec 21, 2012
    I have also systems where disabling that service does not have any consequences. It's kinda hit and miss.

2. DavidXanatos

DavidXanatos MDL Senior Member

May 23, 2010
    The next build of priv10 will get a new notification window showing changed firewall rules with options to approve or deny them.
    Now the issue is having 2 popup windows one for rules and one for rules (and in future may be one for tweaks?) is not the best user experience,
    do you think its better to add tabs to the current notification window, that would look like that:

upload_2020-2-2_18-20-49.png

what do you like more a combined window or multiple windows?

3. boldrake

boldrake MDL Novice

Oct 6, 2016
    multiple windows, with separate activation to call when needed

4. DavidXanatos

DavidXanatos MDL Senior Member

May 23, 2010
    and if we get two different events at once,
    than one window appears on top of the other, that is not great

5. boldrake

boldrake MDL Novice

Oct 6, 2016
    yes I hadn't thought of this, having 3 monitors I could recall them and position them where I want, but not all of them have much space

6. Wolfens

Wolfens MDL Novice

Aug 17, 2018
    tabs with tab expandable to accommodate the different language spelling length

7. [redacted]

[redacted] MDL Novice

Oct 20, 2019
    I like tabs in a single window, have them keep expanding then start to shrink as more and more get populated and fill the window, similar to how firefox or other browsers work, ones that haven't been touched could "blink" or "flash", be a different color, etc. to let you know that it's "new" and needs your attention.