Privazer real alternative to CCleaner

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by windsman, Jun 28, 2012.

1. CHEF-KOCH

CHEF-KOCH MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2008
    Guys, this comparison was not to show that there are better tools out there, I guess you should get the point that such little tools doing in some cases a better job as the OS and this is what we talking about. It's like to clean cookies because sometimes if you start xyz software/app it might let them on the hdd (of course only one example). And some apps just not include an option or the OS not delete it by itself.

And they all does what they promise and this (for we very well). It's not really about security it's more like that it may cleans some junk, analyze some leftovers and such things.

This thread is just about that Privazer app and it was mentioned that it may is an alternative to CCleaner, which is not wrong but imho I stick with CCleaner for the mentioned reasons. Chill and please stay on topic.

2. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami MDL Expert

Mar 15, 2014
    The title is misleading, Privazer is not CCleaner's alternative.
    CCleaner focuses on cleaning browsers and some system data.
    Privazer focuses on cleaning on any data left. It is more complex.
    Using Privazer as a system cleaner is just wrong, it is a privacy tool.

3. tmf2

tmf2 MDL Junior Member

May 5, 2010
    #25 tmf2, May 16, 2016
    Last edited: May 16, 2016
    Yes once is all that’s needed. For the record, I'm frequently contracted for data loss recovery and Investigative forensics. Dark Knight is incorrect. Windowsguru is right on. Rwipe, bleachbit, Privazer are all competent programs. CCleaner has a prettier GUI and is basically OK but after running CCleaner run Rwipe or Privazer you will see how much CCleaner missed. SSDs are a different animal altogether.

4. WIKIMACK

WIKIMACK MDL Expert

Nov 10, 2011
  5. GOD666

GOD666 MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2015
    I use both. Why leave anything to chance? It seems one always misses something the other over looks.

6. Dark Knight

Dark Knight MDL Senior Member

Jul 14, 2013
    #30 Dark Knight, Jun 28, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2016
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Palladin

Palladin MDL Senior Member

Feb 1, 2014
  8. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    #37 pisthai, Jul 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
    For the normal user, PrivaZer and CCleaner are a good software which helps a lot top keep computers clean.

But both of them didn't 'handle' Ad- and Malware good enough, I think! For that, the use of Adwcleaner and Malwarebytes is much better. And to use them the right way is:
    1. Download and run first the Adwcleaner and let do it his job finish, which ends up in an restart of the computer;
    2. download and install the Free version of Malwarebytes, install and run a Threat Scan.
    It's simply recommended to run that way for some reason:
    1. Adwcleaner runs quite fast,
    2. Malwarebytes may find something more after Adwcleaner removed something already!

The simple fact is, NONE of those Apps works and find the same as other apps. Adwcleaner and Malwarebytes are the best 'Bundle' for to use. Adware and Malware are doing more harm then other infections these days, and it's a bad, yet a huge business too! The producer and developers of that software making a lot of money. Luckily, there some generous dev's which creating the 'Medicine' against those bad apps and give it free of charge to the infected users for to clean up their systems (for free)!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    Privazer is absolutely strange and very dangerous MALWARE.

10. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    It's all about what experiences the single user has with some applications: some GOOD, some BAAAAAAAAD! You seems to be one of the later!

11. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012

Maybe, but I'm still pretty thoroughly analyzed it, I sent to authors overview of the problems etc. So far, nothing has changed, although was authorized the changes.
    It can be used for one's aunt somewhere far away, but not in a civilized society. It is really dangerous, because deletes also many such a things, what should not. And You have no possibility to disable to do such a things. There is no white list possibility, also You cannot make any changes before deleting. So You cannot select nearly nothing.
    Of course, everyone knows about itself, what he is using and what not, but I've told you what I know.
    It means, a warning has been given. Decide for yourself.