Problem during upgrade installation to Windows 7 7137

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by antpelliccia, Jun 2, 2009.

1. antpelliccia

antpelliccia MDL Novice

Mar 9, 2008
    I can't upgrade install Windows 7 7137 Ultimate on my computer running operative system Windows 7 7127 Ultimate. During upgrade installation program does stop with error message " Windows could not set the offline locale information.Error code : 0x80000001".
    What may i do? Thank you in advance.

2. robert79513

robert79513 MDL Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Did you change lenguage to english before upgrade?

3. antpelliccia

antpelliccia MDL Novice

Mar 9, 2008
    My running operative system windows 7 7127 x86 is in italian and also i have insert in my Windows 7 7137 installation dvd italian lip with tutorial published in this Forum.

4. shadow_shd

shadow_shd MDL Junior Member

Nov 21, 2007
    Yes it's normal.

If you installed 7127 english, then installed italian LP, you can only upgrade to 7137 english. After upgrade, you have to install a 7137 language pack.

The system considers your installation language as english, even if you install one or more languages packs, your installation language will always be english.

That's why when you try to upgrade with a different language, the system sends you back an error.

For me :
    • installed 7 7077, and used it in english for some time, as french LP wasn't available.
    • when french LP for 7077 was available, I installed it.
    • then I downloaded 7 7100 english (the first one available), and upgraded my 7077 installation. At the beginning of the upgrade process, the setup warned me that my LP will be deleted. I accepted and installed 7100 in english.
    • then I installed french LP for 7100.
    • Some time later, 7127 was here. So I installed it, again only in english as I had no other choice, then installed 7127 french LP.
    So, if you want to have an italian installation, either you upgrade to english first then install italian LP, either you do a fresh install with a hard drive formating.

++

5. antpelliccia

antpelliccia MDL Novice

Mar 9, 2008
    I have installed 7127 Professional with dvd into i have injected italian lp with here published tutorial.Then i have from internal windows upgrade added Ultimate update.Now when i try to upgrade to 7137 with another DVD into i have added with tutorial italian lp, language matchs , the upgrade starts but almost at the end of installation the program says error message. At this point what may i do without new installation and without formatting my computer?

6. HSChronic

HSChronic MDL Expert

Aug 25, 2007
    use a clean disk that does not have any LPs installed.

7. roylion15

roylion15 MDL Member

May 1, 2009
    #7 roylion15, Jun 3, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2009
    the error is the same i had when i used the wrong image number with x86edition ... for x86 you need to choice 5 for building install.wim ... and 4 for x64. Install always The "Ultimate" version ...

Or you may use official WAIK with the batch file that i posted some days ago for building a new DVD , it work's fine for french thus also for italian.

In most cases you can rollback the installation if not finished ...

8. antpelliccia

antpelliccia MDL Novice

Mar 9, 2008
    Thank you. But why don't you publish in this forum a correct final tutorial? I will copy it step by step.Thank you in advance waiting a tutorial.